Where to eat before MNSSHP?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Heading to the party on the 14th of September and not sure where to eat. I have adr at Crystal Palace on the 13th so would really like someplace different to eat. We are on the DDP. Also never used the monorail before, so if I went to a resort to eat how long would it take to get there. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!:shrug::wave:

ThinkTink721

The MK monorail goes directly to/from the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, & the Contemporary.

Here are my restaurant suggestions:

Grand Floridian
1900 Park Fare for dinner

Polynesian
'Ohana's for dinner (my favorite)

Contemporary
Chef Mickey's for dinner

You can also take the boat ride from the MK to the Wilderness Lodge & eat dinner at Whispering Canyon (the boat ride does take a little longer though).

:wave:

Goofycanuck

If you eat at one of the monorail resorts your only 5-15 minutes away, depending on which resort you're at. Other suggestions in Magic Kingdom are Tony's Town Square, Liberty Tavern or Columbia House, all of which accept the DDP.

bamillerpa

I would definitely try Ohana's at the Poly. We have an ADR there on our MNSSHP night. My second choice would be Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Both are upbeat and fun and put us in the perfect mood for a party afterwards.

Pooh Lover

We went to Liberty Tree Tavern last year around 5:00 p.m. and was done before MNSSHP began. Was nice to come out and already see quite a few costumes and most regular park guests headed out. Also avoided the two-way rush at the entrance and monorails. Have fun!

disneygirl1

I personally like to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL... We have eaten there a few times before both the halloween and christmas parties and it has worked out great. I would avoid a character dinner simply b/c they tend to take a little longer then your average dinner would.

michaelnyc

halloween

we are also going on sept 14 and made reservations at 1900 park faire to spend time with the stepsisters
last year we did the same thing, then at the dance party we got to hang out with them again

LowesChevy

We ate at Tony's last year at 5:00 PM and were seated immediately. We were done eating around 6:15 PM and were off to enjoy the party.

The year before we ate at Spoodles...we drove from the Polynesian. We ended up getting to the party around 7

Korfar

We are doing the MNSSHP on the 21st. We are having an early dinner in Epcot as Rose and Crown. Then Monorail it back to MK before the party starts. There are plenty of options in Epcot if you are using a regular park ticket that day anyway. We are since we want to go to parks during the day as well.

JillC LI

Heading to the party on the 14th of September and not sure where to eat. I have adr at Crystal Palace on the 13th so would really like someplace different to eat. We are on the DDP. Also never used the monorail before, so if I went to a resort to eat how long would it take to get there. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!:shrug::wave:

My recommendation is to get the most park time out of your tickets. Go to the MK at 4pm, grab a CS meal at Cosmic Ray's around 5pm - it's quite hearty - then enjoy the park and the party. That's what we did last October, and we changed into our costumes after we ate dinner having previously stored them in a locker. Since you're on the DDP, you can either use your full-service meal that day for a sit-down breakfast or use the credit towards a signature meal another day.

MadMax11

Last time we went to MNSSHP, we went to the Plaza....literally came out, turned the corner and my kids got into costume in the bathrooms by Tomorrowland Noodle....and off we went.

MattyFresh

We did LTT before MNSSHP, we went in the park right around 4:00 like someone mentioned earlier. Hit HM a couple of times, it was right after its big refub, walked over to LTT had a good dinner and as we were leaving the party was starting.

I guess it depends on what time you want to be at the park and start enjoying the party.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Liberty Tree USED to be the best with the characters being in Halloween gear! Now I'd probably say Chef Mickeys.

harveyt0206

My recommendation is to get the most park time out of your tickets. Go to the MK at 4pm, grab a CS meal at Cosmic Ray's around 5pm - it's quite hearty - then enjoy the park and the party. That's what we did last October, and we changed into our costumes after we ate dinner having previously stored them in a locker. Since you're on the DDP, you can either use your full-service meal that day for a sit-down breakfast or use the credit towards a signature meal another day.

This is EXACTLY what we did last year for our MNSSHP night, so great suggestion in my opinion. We used our sit down in the morning at Kona Cafe, then ate at Cosmic Rays that evening while at the party. It worked out perfect and it didn't require a lot of time away from the par-tay.

JillC LI

This is EXACTLY what we did last year for our MNSSHP night, so great suggestion in my opinion. We used our sit down in the morning at Kona Cafe, then ate at Cosmic Rays that evening while at the party. It worked out perfect and it didn't require a lot of time away from the par-tay.

GMTA! :wave:
I'm dying to try Kona Cafe's breakfast - hopefully on our next trip in March '11.

gwhb75

You could also try Crystal Palace. We're going to the MNSSHP on October 21st and booked reservations for 4:45 there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom