Where theres Smoke..... Theres fire?

hardcard

Original Poster
Just a viewpoint here on the variety of threads on the board lately.. Regarding recently 'leaks', 'rumors' and 'news' about MK's (wdw) future ... Obviously it's exciting to here of a suit talking about it.. There are blog rumors abound, which is great, because it's been quiet for a LONG time..

Just thinking.. With all of this info being passed around in the past month or so, is there fire with this smoke? I would imagine SOMETHING is going to shake out of all of this..

Disney seems to be doing 'ok' or even 'well' during the economic downturn.. Parks are busy, as they should be in June.. etc... So, maybe the plans for Fantasyland are ready to roll? Maybe Star Tours II is finally coming? (which I think is likely considering filming has been confirmed), etc.....

As a side, Disney is doing ok, but Seaworld and Universal seem to still be struggling.. Wait times at IOA today were in the 15-20 minute range for the most popular attractions... JP River adventure was a walk on, as were several other rides...

Good times to be a disney fan, thats all!

:p

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd love to start making time for other attractions in Florida, but when you go as rarely as I do, you've got to take in is much WDW as you can. I promised my GF we'd go to the new Harry Potter stuff at Uni on our honeymoon, though...

ACM 13

I love Jurrasic Park the ride. I am thinking I may go to Islands of Adventure for a couple of hours in November.

That ride upsets me. It has so much potential. Every time I ride it I can't help but think about what Disney could do or would've done with it. I still enjoy it but I just can't ride without having a little 'what if' in the back of my mind...

CaptainMichael

Well, there are two ways of looking at it.

1) Where there is smoke there is fire
2) People are just desperate for things to talk about because there is nothing to talk about.

kcnole

That ride upsets me. It has so much potential. Every time I ride it I can't help but think about what Disney could do or would've done with it. I still enjoy it but I just can't ride without having a little 'what if' in the back of my mind...

Not to get off topic, but we've seen what Disney could have done with it. We have Dinosaur. I'm sorry, but the Jurassic Park River Experience blows that out of the water.

peter11435

Not to get off topic, but we've seen what Disney could have done with it. We have Dinosaur. I'm sorry, but the Jurassic Park River Experience blows that out of the water.
I disagree. Im sorry but animatronic dinosaurs that turn on 10 seconds after you get to them and and then shut off while you're still looking at them do not impress me. Not to mention the ones with giant holes in them. The ride is ok but could have been so much better. I can't help but feel like they failed.

marsrunner

I disagree. Im sorry but animatronic dinosaurs that turn on 10 seconds after you get to them and and then shut off while you're still looking at them do not impress me. Not to mention the ones with giant holes in them. The ride is ok but could have been so much better. I can't help but feel like they failed.
Hey, at least you can actually see that the dinosaurs have holes in them! :)
I like Dinosaur, but I was at IoA in January and did not see any holes in dinosaurs or see them turning on after I was already looking them etc. Now, the movements were quite jerky, I'll give you that. JP definitely blows Dinosaur out of the water in my book.

krankenstein

I've never seen holes in numerous visits. I hear that thrown around a lot around here and I'm beginning to wonder if it is some of the Disney is God, Universal is Six Flags talk. :shrug:

I like Dinosaur, but I was at IoA in January and did not see any holes in dinosaurs or see them turning on after I was already looking them etc. Now, the movements were quite jerky, I'll give you that. JP definitely blows Dinosaur out of the water in my book.

Agreed, the only thing I wish Uni would've done is added another Ultrasaurus to the first paddock. overall, I think it is a better experience and has a lot better of an ending when compared to CTX. :shrug:

Pens24

I love Jurrasic Park the ride. I am thinking I may go to Islands of Adventure for a couple of hours in November.

JP river adventure is one of my favorite rides in orlando...i went to Universal in april and i walked onto everything except for the day that MC Hammer was there

MaterA113

I feel the same way... I think something is going to be coming soon enough....

I remember when the highest peak of the Toy Story Mania rumors where hitting the ceiling then a couple of months later they offically confirmed it...

SirGoofy

Agreed. I've never seen the dinos with holes everyone claims are in JP so much. I think the ride is superior to Dinosaur in every way. I mean, you actually have stuff to look at for most of the ride!

As for the OP, I hope your right.

The Conundrum

Does Splash Mountain impress you? That ride has tons of broken animatronics and special effects and sometimes you get even more extreme problems like the audio not working. Disney attraction upkeep is just as bad.

Watch Marni's videos to see what the Disney rides should perform like if they were properly maintained. He has footage of the attractions during the 70s/80s/early 90s when Disney was still maintaining there high standards.

WDW1974

OK, OK ... I can play too ... let's see how about 'Where there's smoke ... there are mirrors'?

As to the comment about JP's dinos ... I have often seen them with holes. They clearly have some 'issues' ... althought to UNI's credit they do seem to keep repairing/replacing them.

But just because something is poor show at IOA doesn't somehow make it OK for it at Disney ... so I never get that comparison.

Figment632

Does Splash Mountain impress you? That ride has tons of broken animatronics and special effects and sometimes you get even more extreme problems like the audio not working. Disney attraction upkeep is just as bad.

Watch Marni's videos to see what the Disney rides should perform like if they were properly maintained. He has footage of the attractions during the 70s/80s/early 90s when Disney was still maintaining there high standards.

In WDW the attractions in DL are kept very well so you shouldnt just stay Disney.

GizmoDuck

(On the topic of JP vs Dinosaur)

Personally, Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies, so I have to side with IOA this time, however Dinosaur is still a great attraction (and scared me silly when I was younger :lol:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom