Where should we stay?

honeyaubergine

My partner and I are hopefully coming to DW in Jan or Feb next year for two weeks.
Our budget is £7.5k (about $10k) for the whole trip so I think we’ll be staying in a moderate resort, or maybe we can stretch to a deluxe.
I’m looking for recommendations. I’ve looked through all the resorts but I just can’t choose!! Please help me!
We’re just a couple (no kids) and the main parks we want to go to are Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
also we have a friend who works at the world showcase and they have suggested that they can get us 40% f&f discount for our room, does anyone have any experience of this?

aliceismad

Caribbean Beach provides access to the Skyliner, which would take you to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Personally I would prefer a split stay because that would be a long time for me to stay at one hotel, and I enjoy experiencing the amenities at multiple hotels.

Would you spend much time at Disney Springs? Do you like to spend time at the pools or other amenities?

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

If you can swing it, I'd say Boardwalk or Beach Club. Staying at either of those you can walk to Epcot of Hollywood Studios which is a huge perk. If you are set on a moderate, I would do Caribbean Beach since you have the Skyliner.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you can swing it, I'd say Boardwalk or Beach Club. Staying at either of those you can walk to Epcot of Hollywood Studios which is a huge perk. If you are set on a moderate, I would do Caribbean Beach since you have the Skyliner.

Listen to mother (ofaprincesslover)

It would be easier to listen if she hadn’t overshot the “probably moderate” mention from the OP

Probably moderate...maybe deluxe. $10k is easy to burn though in 14 at the food prices. So $4-$6 for the hotel is a bit steep. Won’t be able to afford ticket...will have to hop the gates

RIF

Upvote 0

Buck Wheelie

My partner and I are hopefully coming to DW in Jan or Feb next year for two weeks.
Our budget is £7.5k (about $10k) for the whole trip so I think we’ll be staying in a moderate resort, or maybe we can stretch to a deluxe.
I’m looking for recommendations. I’ve looked through all the resorts but I just can’t choose!! Please help me!
We’re just a couple (no kids) and the main parks we want to go to are Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
also we have a friend who works at the world showcase and they have suggested that they can get us 40% f&f discount for our room, does anyone have any experience of this?
I would look at Beach or Yacht club. Both are walking distance to Epcot and HS. They also have the best pool at WDW.

Upvote 0

Gainesvillain

It would be easier to listen if she hadn’t overshot the “probably moderate” mention from the OP

Probably moderate...maybe deluxe. $10k is easy to burn though in 14 at the food prices. So $4-$6 for the hotel is a bit steep. Won’t be able to afford ticket...will have to hop the gates

RIF
If, the biggest little word in the world (and The World).

Upvote 1

Toodycat

If you can get a good rate at WL or AKL, they are both deluxe and both beautifully themed. Neither is particularly close to the parks you are prioritizing, but they both offer a wonderful experience.

Upvote 0

LovePop

If you can get the friends and family discount, and to be close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, then the best choice would be the Epcot resorts: Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk. You can walk to both parks from all three in 20 minutes or less on beautiful walking paths with no traffic. You can save bundles from the discount. Not so much Swan and Dolphin, being that they are not Disney hotels, so you probably shouldn't consider them. All 3 hotels (BC, YC and BW) are awesome, and getting 40% off will make the price very enticing. BW doesn't have a food court. I find that less convenient.
If the f&f thing doesn't work out, then maybe Caribbean Beach resort is the next best choice because it has the Skyliner to take you to both HS and Epcot. (Or consider Swan and Dolphin, from which you can also walk to Epcot and HS, or take a free boat. They are cheaper than the Epcot hotels, but about as nice.) CBR is also cheaper than the Epcot hotels. There is also Coronado Springs, which is slightly cheaper than CBR, but it doesn't have the Skyliner. On the other hand, it is centrally located and very close to all 4 parks, so you don't have a long bus ride to go to any parks.

So my vote is for Yacht Club Resort.

Upvote 0

Schweino

• Are you park open people? If so CBR has advantages beating the AoA/Pop crowd.
  • The budget of 10k - is flight included in that? If so, do you have a rough idea of how much it is? That gives your real budget total after flight costs.
  • Disney rates have greatly increased the past two years. I just looked at a two week rate for January (10-24) and CBR was between $5.2k - $6.2k (standard to preferred room). Add on $1100 for flight (London to Orlando as a guess) you're looking at 6.3-7.3 for flight, hotel and park tickets. Leaves 3.7 - 2.7k for dining and souvenirs for a two week trip. Depending on the number of 'fancy' restaurants you want to do, souvenirs will be a stretch.
Speaking personally if $10k was my trip budget for two weeks, I'd split it. I would do 1 week at Pop and that week also be my main park week (spending as much time at parks as we can) and just use Pop to rest. Then next week bump to a mod/lux and make that my chill week and relax before hitting the real world again.

Upvote 0

littleroo

If POFQ is open again, I would go there in a heart beat. Quick bus ride to both Epcot and Hollywood. This is a small, private resort and beautiful. If POFQ is still closed, then CBR or CS.

My other thought is one week on property and one week off.

Hopefully, your friend comes through for you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom