Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

TikibirdLand

Not sure what significance that is. They might just have numbered a newer plane with the same tail number since that plane will never fly again or they just never un-registered it.
Why are you saying it will never fly again? Because it's gutted? Had a neighbor track down his grandfather's Piper Cub. All that was left was was the fuselage and wings. He and his high school class rebuilt it and it is flying today.

Goofyernmost

Why are you saying it will never fly again? Because it's gutted? Had a neighbor track down his grandfather's Piper Cub. All that was left was was the fuselage and wings. He and his high school class rebuilt it and it is flying today.
OK, I'll modify that to Disney has no intent to ever fly it again and if some "school" project were able to replace all the internal controls, necessary equipment in the cockpit, engines, plus thousands of dollars worth of rebuild details, when they registered the plane it would get a new tail number because of new owner. In other words, it is highly unlikely that it will ever head off into the wild blue yonder again.

TikibirdLand

OK, I'll modify that to Disney has no intent to ever fly it again and if some "school" project were able to replace all the internal controls, necessary equipment in the cockpit, engines, plus thousands of dollars worth of rebuild details, when they registered the plane it would get a new tail number because of new owner. In other words, it is highly unlikely that it will ever head off into the wild blue yonder again.
I'll have to ask my neighbor if he had to get a new tail number. I don't recall him saying that...

Movielover

200w.gif

;)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Not sure what significance that is. They might just have numbered a newer plane with the same tail number since that plane will never fly again or they just never un-registered it.
A FAA Registration is only good for three years, and doing a quick aircraft flight log database search that tail number has not been in the air for 30 plus years, so I doubt there is a second aircraft with the same tail number.

Goofyernmost

A FAA Registration is only good for three years, and doing a quick aircraft flight log database search that tail number has not been in the air for 30 plus years, so I doubt there is a second aircraft with the same tail number.
OK, but please tell me what if any significance it has to the discussion we have been having. It seems irrelevant to me. To me it seemed that at the time the statement was made that the plane still had the same tail number that it had some significance as to the future of the plane. Am I missing something? Disney has enough money to buy a new plane they don't have to spend millions to rebuild that one. All we have been doing is making statements as to why it isn't relevant. A paint brush and some paint and like magic it will disappear. Maybe they are waiting for some enormously rich Walt Disney fan to come along and make them an offer they can't refuse and the tail number is the only thing that really connects it to its legend.

castlecake2.0

I’m trying to think of where else on property you could put it where it wouldn’t be a safety hazard and made sense thematically. Springs somewhere? Could also be cool to display along the monorail line in between the TTC and Contemporary, but I feel like people would try to get to it in non safe ways.

Gringrinngghost

I can confirm they don't have active planes with that Registration Info AT ALL. They are all registered under a holding company... They sold one back in 2019 and have 4 left. All Gulfstreams. One 2019 Gulfstream G550 and 3 2019 Gulfstream G650. The one they sold was a 2008 Bombardier Challenger 605. Here's photos of the inside and they were asking a cool $9,795,000.
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_08_Image_0003.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_09_Image_0002.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_09_Image_0003.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_07_Image_0003.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_03_Image_0002.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_04_Image_0002.jpg
CL605_sn5727_2008_Spec(2)_Page_04_Image_0003.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom