Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

Movielover

I have heard the great movie ride may be changed to a Mickey themed attraction on here, maybe the plane will replace the Bogart plane in the attraction..

Would the scene then be a very passionate goodbye between Mickey and Walt?

I don't think the world is quite ready for that romance...

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Well, according to the FAA, the registration on the plane is still valid through 8/31/2020. I know nothing about airplane registrations, so I don't know what any of this means.

upload_2017-8-15_17-14-44.png

yensid1954

I found where Walt's plane wound up!

It is in storage in a field behind the Reedy Creek Operations Center off of Bear Island Road, near (actually also behind) the waste water treatment plant. Seems to be in rough shape, lots of weathering on the finish, dirty, streaks of black grunge and what have you. So disappointing to see it languishing in such a dismal place. Brings to mind scenes from Susie the Little Blue Coupe.....

I saw the plane when I visited the locations as part of an event at the operations center on 12/17/17

:-(

dgp602

I found where Walt's plane wound up!

It is in storage in a field behind the Reedy Creek Operations Center off of Bear Island Road, near (actually also behind) the waste water treatment plant. Seems to be in rough shape, lots of weathering on the finish, dirty, streaks of black grunge and what have you. So disappointing to see it languishing in such a dismal place. Brings to mind scenes from Susie the Little Blue Coupe.....

I saw the plane when I visited the locations as part of an event at the operations center on 12/17/17

:-(
Pictures?????? @marni1971 can you somehow substantiate this as? Although I have no reason not to believe this post, it is an amazing find from a first time poster....

dgp602

I sent a message to Bioreconstruct and asked to see if on his next helicopter trip, if he could do a fly over that area to see if he could spot the plane in the field. He answered that the area in question is a "no fly zone".......

Hmmmm..the plot thickens....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
One cannot imagine the level of anger and likely hatred that would be generated if the ODT allowed Walt's plane to become damaged beyond repair because of their actions (or inactions). :mad: Spectromagic was bad, this would be a whole different level of stupidity.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I sent a message to Bioreconstruct and asked to see if on his next helicopter trip, if he could do a fly over that area to see if he could spot the plane in the field. He answered that the area in question is a "no fly zone".......

Hmmmm..the plot thickens....
The whole of the MK area is a no fly, and Bear Island road is right by the MK.

Goofyernmost

I thought they gutted the interior when the plane was put on display?
That was what has been said here and also, at one point, on the back-lot tour. I think there was a TV thing about it too. I know that I have been operating under the assumption, reinforced by something, that the interior was gutted. The props were false props and that the engines had been sold off for parts. Since Walt has been dead for just about 51 years now, I don't think I would ever have wanted to fly in it at this point anyway, so why save all the goodies.

That said, if they really wanted to they could easily rebuild the interior like new and exhibit it for public viewing. I think it would have sufficient draw to a place like One Man's Dream, to make it worthwhile. All they would need is perhaps a plane sized shell building and a couple of ramps to allow people to walk through. I know I'd go see it. Imagine to be in the plane that Walt Disney was actually in. Much better then footsteps on Main Street. Bet you could almost still smell the remnants of those cigarettes that killed him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom