Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

Goofyernmost

More than anything I would love for them to give tours inside the plane. It probably won't happen though.
From what I understand, the interior has been completely gutted, so nothing to really see. Course, since I sent my x-ray glasses in for repair, I'm not sure that is true, but considering the bugs in Florida, I'd guess that removing all that stuff would be wise.

Pam Hates Penguins

From what I understand, the interior has been completely gutted, so nothing to really see. Course, since I sent my x-ray glasses in for repair, I'm not sure that is true, but considering the bugs in Florida, I'd guess that removing all that stuff would be wise.

It really makes you wonder where the seats and other parts of interior are now...

Variable

More than anything I would love for them to give tours inside the plane. It probably won't happen though.

There is nothing to 'tour'. Look at some of the photos of these planes on the Internet, they're nothing special.
A walk through a Concorde takes less time than a '15 min' wait on a ride with a big queue. It's rows of seats, "wow they're narrow!" one narrow aisle, plexi-walled off flight crew spaces. Its tight and narrow spaces. There was no tour, no guide pointing out things and telling stories, there just was no room and no need. The beauty is all external, philosophical.

This plane literally would be torn apart by the people slamming themselves down it's short narrow fuselage.

Phantom Mickey

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I can't see but I still don't see any confirmation that the interior was demolished. Not that it matters, I don't think it will fly again ever.

But I had a fleeting thought. How would it look if Walts play were placed along side of World drive where incoming guests can get a glimpse of her with the mouse on the tail as they are driving in. Ok so security and vandilism can be a concern so maybe after the parking ticket booths. I am sure they could alarm the plane or place it on a pedastal like the Concord Jets have been mounted. Be kind of cool to see it in the air (sort of) again............

donaldtoo

There is nothing to 'tour'. Look at some of the photos of these planes on the Internet, they're nothing special.
A walk through a Concorde takes less time than a '15 min' wait on a ride with a big queue. It's rows of seats, "wow they're narrow!" one narrow aisle, plexi-walled off flight crew spaces. Its tight and narrow spaces. There was no tour, no guide pointing out things and telling stories, there just was no room and no need. The beauty is all external, philosophical.

This plane literally would be torn apart by the people slamming themselves down it's short narrow fuselage.

I also have always heard that the interior of the plane was gutted shortly after it got to WDW, and was put on display.
Why they would spend a bunch of money to restore the original Walt-era interior (gutted or not, that interior has to look like h**l by now) for a walk through a cabin that is only 32.5 ft. long, 7 ft. wide, and 6.1 ft. high (height requirement: no persons over 6' tall ;)) makes no sense.
It think it just needs to be displayed in another proper place, and the exterior maintained. IMO, it is an important part of Disney/WDW history that should continue to be preserved and displayed.

Variable

I also have always heard that the interior of the plane was gutted shortly after it got to WDW, and was put on display.
Why they would spend a bunch of money to restore the original Walt-era interior (gutted or not, that interior has to look like h**l by now) for a walk through a cabin that is only 32.5 ft. long, 7 ft. wide, and 6.1 ft. high (height requirement: no persons over 6' tall ;)) makes no sense.
It think it just needs to be displayed in another proper place, and the exterior maintained. IMO, it is an important part of Disney/WDW history that should continue to be preserved and displayed.

Did they have the layout as that typical sort of corporate lounge thing? A chaise, round table, couple of captains chairs?

I will admit I'm not sure it's that important to corporate history. It's kind of sentimental, but I haven't read that it had much significance beyond being the companies first ? plane. Lots of company planes around then, it was a symbol of course, but increasingly common.

Cmdr_Crimson

Did they have the layout as that typical sort of corporate lounge thing? A chaise, round table, couple of captains chairs?

Here it is........Photo's From Disneyavenue..
sea596742SMALL.jpg

A%2Brare%2Bphoto%2Bof%2BWalt%252C%2BLillian%252C%2BHerb%2BRyman%2Band%2Bothers%2Baboard%2BWalt%2527s%2Bairplane.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom