Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

montyz81

Original Poster
I just saw an airial of the demolition of the studios over on WDWnews. Does anyone know what happened to Walt's plane?

Omnikron

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_end.jpg

Locked securely away along with many other Walt Disney items.

Goofyernmost

I believe that the real answer is.... Who Knows? My gut feeling is that it will turn up someplace. Even the Executives are not stupid enough to not realize how many people would riot if they did something nasty to it. Maybe they even might have donated it to the Air and Space Museum in DC as a national pride exhibit.

Goofyernmost

I heard a rumor it ended up here... o_O

View attachment 148311

OK, so I made up that rumor. ;)
But, I too am curious what they have in store for it.
Someone in the Earffel Tower thread mentioned quite a while back that after they removed it from BLT they had changed it's paint scheme back to it's original white with orange and black trim...
Change the name from Mickey One to Waldo One and we have a potential game there.

donaldtoo

Would love to see it displayed in the Front entrance of DHS position as it looks like it's taking off to the skies....
flr495642LARGE.jpg

This is a pic, that I'm very familiar with, from it's final flight before it landed at the then existing airstrip on WDW property, and was eventually parked on the BLT.
It's definitely not airworthy now, but is definitely a piece of Disney history that, justifiably, needs to be preserved.
And yes, somewhere else on WDW property seems appropriate to me, too...! :)

Cmdr_Crimson

This is a pic, that I'm very familiar with, from it's final flight before it landed at the then existing airstrip on WDW property, and was eventually parked on the BLT.
It's definitely not airworthy now, but is definitely a piece of Disney history that, justifiably, needs to be preserved.
And yes, somewhere else on WDW property seems appropriate to me, too...! :)

Disneyavenue has a great amount of pictures including the interior of the plane before it was gutted. Including the pics when it landed on World Drive..http://www.disneyavenue.com/2015/09/walt-disneys-airplane.html
pon696422SMALL.jpg

donaldtoo

Disneyavenue has a great amount of pictures including the interior of the plane before it was gutted. Including the pics when it landed on World Drive..http://www.disneyavenue.com/2015/09/walt-disneys-airplane.html
pon696422SMALL.jpg

Yep, you are correct...it did indeed land on World Drive...I had forgotten. So cool! :)
I just hope they continue to do it justice.
Although, I realize this is not the Beechcraft Queen Air he originally decided on Florida from, it is the plane he selected the eventual site of all of WDW from...! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom