Where is Jack Sparrow?

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
I am not sure if this thread was already posted because I really dont go on often but I was wondering if anyone knows when the Jack Sparrow pirate comes out for pictures and autographs...I did not see him last year and I want to catch him on my next trip in 5 months...Thanks everyone:kiss:

k.hunter30

He does a little show off to the side of PotC ride. He does not do personal pictures or autographs. It's built into the show that he pretty much runs away near the end. But you can take all the pictures you like during the show! It's really fun!. Check my TR for a funny picture of my DH getting involved with the show!

MickeyTigg

This amazes me....standing in line to take a picture and get an autograph with a guy pretending to be Johnny Depp playing Captain Jack Sparrow.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This amazes me....standing in line to take a picture and get an autograph with a guy pretending to be Johnny Depp playing Captain Jack Sparrow.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is this fundamentally different from waiting to get any character autograph? I know my son would love to get Captain Jack's siggie. He's still likes his pirate school diploma that we got last trip.

MickeyTigg

Is this fundamentally different from waiting to get any character autograph? I know my son would love to get Captain Jack's siggie. He's still likes his pirate school diploma that we got last trip.

Yeah...there is a difference. Except for Mary Poppins, the other characters are animated characters.

When we went to the Pirate & Princess Night last February...people were standing in line 45-60 minutes for Captain Jack...I'd only do that if it was Johnny Depp. Certainly not for a guy pretending to be Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow.

Never caught the show....wouldn't mind watching it if we were there when it came on, but I'm not waiting for an autograph. If there's little or now wait...yeah maybe.

k.hunter30

Yeah...there is a difference. Except for Mary Poppins, the other characters are animated characters.

When we went to the Pirate & Princess Night last February...people were standing in line 45-60 minutes for Captain Jack...I'd only do that if it was Johnny Depp. Certainly not for a guy pretending to be Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow.
You must have a personal thing against Jack Sparrow... I don't see what the difference is.

Never caught the show....wouldn't mind watching it if we were there when it came on, but I'm not waiting for an autograph. If there's little or now wait...yeah maybe.
Uh... you can't wait for an autograph after the show...:lookaroun ...:shrug:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I guess I don't give as much weight to the animated thing as you. To me, they are all fictional characters. It's just some guy pretending to be Jack Sparrow just like Johnny Depp pretended to be Jack Sparrow. I don't look at Timon and go that's just some guy in a costume pretending to be Timon, I just look at my kids and go "Hey! Look, its Timon! Do you want to say hi or get his autograph?" I see no reason to treat the actor playing Sparrow any differently. However, I won't point out characters to the kids if the lines are long (regardless of which character).:lol:

k.hunter30

Captain Jack autographs were available only at the P&P party. Waits for said autograph got as long as 2 hours.
But you still can't get an autograph after the show, which is what this guy was talking about when he wrote: "Never caught the show....wouldn't mind watching it if we were there when it came on, but I'm not waiting for an autograph. If there's little or now wait...yeah maybe."

;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But you still can't get an autograph after the show, which is what this guy was talking about when he wrote: "Never caught the show....wouldn't mind watching it if we were there when it came on, but I'm not waiting for an autograph. If there's little or now wait...yeah maybe."

;)
Correct, you can not get it after a show.

MickeyTigg

You must have a personal thing against Jack Sparrow... I don't see what the difference is.

Nothing against Jack Sparrow at all...we don't wait for any characters beyond about 15-20 minutes tops.

I guess I don't give as much weight to the animated thing as you. To me, they are all fictional characters. It's just some guy pretending to be Jack Sparrow just like Johnny Depp pretended to be Jack Sparrow. I don't look at Timon and go that's just some guy in a costume pretending to be Timon, I just look at my kids and go "Hey! Look, its Timon! Do you want to say hi or get his autograph?" I see no reason to treat the actor playing Sparrow any differently. However, I won't point out characters to the kids if the lines are long (regardless of which character).:lol:

Good point....my issue is the waiting. I'm certainly not waiting more than 30 minutes for him, but like I stated above....we don't wait for any characters...and yes, my kids get autographs and they fill up the books, but we don't wait.

...which is what this guy was talking about when he wrote...

This guy? Well....maybe that guy?

k.hunter30

Nothing against Jack Sparrow at all...we don't wait for any characters beyond about 15-20 minutes tops.

Good point....my issue is the waiting. I'm certainly not waiting more than 30 minutes for him, but like I stated above....we don't wait for any characters...and yes, my kids get autographs and they fill up the books, but we don't wait.

This guy? Well....maybe that guy?
:lookaroun ... uh.... sorry, you're a girl?:lookaroun

ImaYoyo

The wait for Captain Jack at Castaway Cay is usually less than 5 minutes. AND you get the flying dutchman in the background. What could be better than that?

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster

It is amazing isnt it? He is hot and its worth the wait.. Not to mention it looks just like Johnny Depp!..i am a girl so i would wait, i can see where the guys are coming from...but i betcha if it was Jessica Alba playing princess Jazmine or something and there was a look a like at 1 of the parks, there would be more guys then girls in the line. LOL!!:brick:

k.hunter30

It is amazing isnt it? He is hot and its worth the wait.. Not to mention it looks just like Johnny Depp!..i am a girl so i would wait, i can see where the guys are coming from...but i betcha if it was Jessica Alba playing princess Jazmine or something and there was a look a like at 1 of the parks, there would be more guys then girls in the line. LOL!!:brick:
DH would wait to see Kiera Knightly :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom