Where is it from???

Slipknot

Original Poster
Ok, it's been racking my brain for almost a year now. There is a song played at the epcot fountain and at D-MGM on Mickey Avenue. I know it is from a movie, but I can't figure out which one. I guess the best way to describe it would be a (music) score during a flying/dogfight scene. Anyone know the song I am talking about and where it is from?

Chape19714

allearsnet said:
Innovention Fountain Musical Selections

The selections played for the water ballets are rotated every quarter hour in no specific order. People always inquire about purchasing the sound track for the regular and holiday shows, but none have been produced. Music List for Innoventions Fountain Regular Season Shows:

# Selection from Disney's animated feature "Rescuers Down Under" (Soundtrack not currently available for retail sale; although you may be able to find the cassette, 2/97; video off the market 4/93)

# Instrumental from the "Air Battle" sequence from Surprise in the Skies, a former daytime lagoon show at Epcot (Soundtrack never produced for retail sale)

# Selection for a proposed Epcot show "Around the World with Mickey Mouse" (Soundtrack never produced for retail sale)

# Selection from the Disney live-action feature film The Rocketeer (Soundtrack may be available on CD - Try Best Buy, 2/97)

# "Day One" by John Tesh (Song is available on the Tour de France and Live at Red Rock Albums)

# "Standing in Motion" by Yanni (Song is available on the Out of Silence, In Celebration and Live at the Acropolis albums)

# Selection from the Disney live-action feature film Iron Will (Soundtrack was never produced for retail sale.)

There ya go!

Captain Hank

Add "Celebrate the Future (Hand in Hand)" to that list. It was the theme song for the Millenium Celebration, and is in the current fountain show rotation.

Rob562

Dang you all for getting the Rocketeer theme stuck back in my head! :)

But I admit, it's a great piece of music (if only the movie had been as good). It's one of those pieces that gets used alot for movie trailers when the film being promoted doesn't have its own music score yet. (The soundtrack from the movie "Dave" is another that gets used alot)

I always thought that the Rocketeer music lent itself to an onboard soundtrack for an inverted coaster (or one of the newer "Flying" coasters). I'm referring to the final credits track that I can as an MP3. It has a nice slow part at the beginning, perfect for show scenes that you move past slowly. Then it goes into a section that totally lends itself to some sort of launch, followed by a fast-paced portion. Another slow section for more show scenes, then a big fast-paced finale.... Ahhhhh..... WDI here I come... ;-)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom