• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Where in the MK is this from? (Circa 90s)

dweezil78

Original Poster
Hey all! Hoping some knowledgeable sleuth can help me out. I picked one of these up today from a collector - was told it maybe displayed a menu in Frontierland in the 90s-2000s. I’m thinking maybe camera center though or ride photo store? There’s a frame on both sides btw. Anyone have any idea?

A59A9F22-94A7-408E-9BC8-EBBB5463C87A.jpeg

Surfin' Tuna

Advertisement
I'm not even sure what I'm seeing. Is that all one thing? Is it lying on it's side on the floor?

Big Phil

It looks like a stool, or something. I am almost expecting it to have a ballerina pop up and music be playing. Honestly, what is it? It almost looks like it is from someone's garage.

dweezil78

Original Poster
I’ll get better pics today— it is, indeed, in my garage as it was a mess when I picked it up yesterday. :)

It’s about a 3’ high table with a faux photo book frame on each side.

Surfin' Tuna

What's it look like inside of those framed boxes? Is there a place to run cables/wires down through the table and base? It does look a lot like a photo store set-up, similar to what they have one the ships now. It just doesn't make sense. I don't remember them ever having something like that in the parks. Is that a drawer?

dweezil78

Original Poster
What's it look like inside of those framed boxes? Is there a place to run cables/wires down through the table and base? It does look a lot like a photo store set-up, similar to what they have one the ships now. It just doesn't make sense. I don't remember them ever having something like that in the parks. Is that a drawer?
There’s no room for cables - just a backing board to put a photo/paper in. The drawers open too. You may be onto something- I had a hunch this could be from a ship potentially and not in the park. Seller wasn’t 100% sure where in MK, but said it came from there. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ObscurityPoint

Could they have been used at restaurants in Liberty Square, Frontierland, or Pirates as check in books/front desks for hosts before the computers took over?

Top Bottom