Where in Epcot can you catch water taxi to Dolphin resort?

SunnySkies66

Original Poster
I have been all over the Disney website and the best info I can find there is "ask a cast member." I've googled and found a map screenshot of where you can catch a water taxi at the resort... but I need to know where you can catch one at Epcot. We are going to be parking at Epcot and then hopefully taking a water taxi to the Dolphin resort for dinner, then back to Epcot for the rest of the evening. I've called the Disney customer service line but the voice prompts are bouncing me all over the place and I'm on hold. Can anyone help? Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
There’s the boat that goes from outside the International Gate (IG) to DHS and stops at the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, swan and Dolphin and DHS. I assume that’s what you mean by “water taxi”?

You would have to enter Epcot and walk all the way through to the IG. Then go out of the park and it’s down to the left.

SunnySkies66

Original Poster
Ok thanks! I just got off the phone with Disney customer service. The guy kept trying to tell me that it was between Canada and Mexico. Then he said it was in Morocco. I kept telling him no, that's the ferry that goes back and forth in the World Showcase lagoon. I'm surprised at the lack of info on the Disney website.

nickys

Premium Member
Ok thanks! I just got off the phone with Disney customer service. The guy kept trying to tell me that it was between Canada and Mexico. Then he said it was in Morocco. I kept telling him no, that's the ferry that goes back and forth in the World Showcase lagoon. I'm surprised at the lack of info on the Disney website.

Try this page, which I accessed from the Dolphin resort page under amenities. Ther’s A map at the bottom of the page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/guest-services/water-transportation/

SunnySkies66

Original Poster
Thank you, that map is great!

I can walk through Epcot, I've done it before. But I'm trying not to over-do it. If I also walk to the Dolphin and back, it will double the amount of walking for the evening and I'll run the risk of my knee blowing out and then we're stuck.

We were thinking of parking at the Dolphin but since we're not guests and only have a dining reservation, there would be a time limit for how long we could park there -- two hours I think, not sure. This is going to be a whole evening so that's why we want to park at Epcot.

RememberWhen

It’s a nice boat ride, but won’t run in bad weather and does take a bit of time. Just leave yourself the time should you need to walk and you’ll be fine.
Also, in case you haven’t figured out where to go, head into Epcot. Take a right at the lagoon. Right after the UK, make a hard right. If you cross the bridge into France you went too far. The boat launch will be out past the turnstiles on the left.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have been all over the Disney website and the best info I can find there is "ask a cast member." I've googled and found a map screenshot of where you can catch a water taxi at the resort... but I need to know where you can catch one at Epcot. We are going to be parking at Epcot and then hopefully taking a water taxi to the Dolphin resort for dinner, then back to Epcot for the rest of the evening. I've called the Disney customer service line but the voice prompts are bouncing me all over the place and I'm on hold. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Red line is the walking path, blue line is the boat path.

1538351541124.png

DisneyNittany

Since we're Marriott people, Swan and Dolphin are our "home resorts". The walk is very enjoyable, but if you have trouble walking, I'd definitely recommend the boat. However, as many above noted, it's not a quick ride. If your just parking at Epcot and then immediately heading to S&D, I'd actually recommend parking at either Y&B Club or Boardwalk. Tell them that you are heading to a restaurant or lounge, and they'll let you park there for free. Both are an easy walk from S&D, and then you can hop back into your car and drive over to Epcot.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

wow, how clueless!

WDW_Jon

I know you said Epcot but Bus to Hollywood studios and then straight on the boat from the entrance there is quicker and gets rid of the long walk through Epcot :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom