Where have all the tollhouses gone?

DisneyChik17

Before you all fall for the "Disney is looking out for my health" rumor, as a reason to accept the disappearance of the chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, you can check out the Nestle website for the nutritional information.

It most likely became less profitable than some other thing they can sell at the same price...(orange drink bars, anyone???). We know the cookies are OK in moderation, but seriously, most humans can only eat one ice cream sandwich at a sitting. The "ice cream" they use could also be made available in FAT FREE or LOW FAT varieties and this snack could actually be healthier than many other things they are selling!

THERE ARE NO TRANS FATS IN NESTLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH!

Nestle's "Tollhouse" Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 oz. (28 g - 1 1/2 inch balls)
Servings Per Container about 32

Amount Per Serving
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 6.0g
Saturated Fat 3.0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 70mg
Total Carb. 18g
Dietary Fiber <1g
Sugars 11g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

:)

Vitamin A and Iron? That's healthy! :lol:

I want these back before I return, or I might just go mad an buy an entire BOX!:fork:

bigorangeandy

I don't recall seeing any at the ice cream stands back in mid October, and was really looking forward to one. I always buy ice cream once each day for the kids, we are on vacation, so it is a treat. I give the kids the option of a coke with lunch or dinner, or ice cream during the day, I have yet to buy a coke.

NCState

Also at the Main Street Bakery! I usually get mine with one chocolate chip and one sugar cookie! It's my standard Wishes snack. :)

I try that last May and my cookies were so hard I think they made them 6 months before. I didn't like them.

OK, who going to start a complaint list for Disney management?

Rob562

Hand-made ice cream cookie sandwiches can be found at the folloiwng locations:

-Main Street Bakery
-Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square
-Fountainview Cafe in Future World
-Dino Bite Snacks in Dinoland
-Food Courts at all three All-Star Resorts
-I assume it's also available at Pop Century, but it's not on the menu I have
-Sassagoula Floatworks at French Quarter (I also assume it's available at the Riverside Mill Food Court, but it's not listed specifically on what I have)

-I can't find them listed anywhere in the Studios. Dinosaur Gertie's has the old packaged sandwich listed.

-Rob

catne

We always switch to the Huey Duey and Louie Orange Juice bar for the summer months, with the Hagaan Dazs (used to be Tollhouse) in the colder months. Pre-summer 07 was the last time we carried Tollhouse.

You are able to get handmade 'tollhouse' sandwiches at The Bakery and Sleepy Hollow quote]

We were at WDW in May 2007 and all enjoyed tollhouse cookie/ice cream bars from the carts in both MK & what was still MGM...OMG--we may have gotten the last ones! I will miss them this year, calories/trans-fat & all.

Senderella

Hand-made ice cream cookie sandwiches can be found at the folloiwng locations:

-Main Street Bakery
-Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square
-Fountainview Cafe in Future World
-Dino Bite Snacks in Dinoland
-Food Courts at all three All-Star Resorts
-I assume it's also available at Pop Century, but it's not on the menu I have
-Sassagoula Floatworks at French Quarter (I also assume it's available at the Riverside Mill Food Court, but it's not listed specifically on what I have)

-I can't find them listed anywhere in the Studios. Dinosaur Gertie's has the old packaged sandwich listed.

-Rob

Thanks for the info Rob! :sohappy:

catne

you mean they are now available at FQ? Oh, joy is me...that's where we're staying May. Hope to food police stay out of Port Orleans!:ROFLOL:

b-rian91

you mean they are now available at FQ? Oh, joy is me...that's where we're staying May. Hope to food police stay out of Port Orleans!:ROFLOL:[/quote

Don't take my word for it, I am posotive they have them at Riverside (or used to) but im not 100% about FQ. I am pretty sure I have got one (or seen them) but don't blame me if they aren't there lol.:wave:

kcw

THERE ARE NO TRANS FATS IN NESTLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH!

well, maybe not in the cookie dough, but there is definitely in the sandwich itself....

pictures-edit.jpg

edit- I can't believe I just scanned an ice cream wrapper...... I really should get back to homework

DisneyChik17

well, maybe not in the cookie dough, but there is definitely in the sandwhich itself....

pictures-edit.jpg

edit- I can't believe I just scanned an ice cream wrapper...... I really should get back to homework

Yea, but now we are talking Vitamin A, Calcium, and Iron. And I'm anemic, so I need my iron any way I can get it. :lookaroun What? I want the things back there.

BRER STITCH

well, maybe not in the cookie dough, but there is definitely in the sandwich itself....

Yeah...that's why I figured it came from the ICE CREAM! My suggestion to make them with Fat Free "Ice Cream" is what would keep them available in the parks!

You can bet DRYER'S is hustling to make this product in a new way so they don't lose all those sales!

There gone? Now ill have to eat the much more nutricious mickey ice cream bar. Im sure those are healthy.
The make up of the cookie dough in the ice cream bar may be different, it might be nessecery to add trans fats to the cookie in order keep the cookie from getting competely soggy from the icecream. Im not a cookie bar chef, just a guess.
I think we'll walk the extra calories and fat off at the parks anyway.I don't go to Disney because of any healty changes, but it does make the park a little less fun if you cant indulge yourself for a week. Keep something totally unhealthy Mickey!! Healthy options are ok if you dont want to stray from healthy eating, just dont banish them all.

kcw

Yeah...that's why I figured it came from the ICE CREAM! My suggestion to make them with Fat Free "Ice Cream" is what would keep them available in the parks!

You can bet DRYER'S is hustling to make this product in a new way so they don't lose all those sales!

ya but see Disney can't force Nestle to replace their ice cream- so since they're trying to get rid of trans fats in the parks, they have to get rid of the entire sandwich..... Ya I imagine someone is working on it- seriously I'd love to know how much Nestle made off of just those?!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I just got home from WDW this morning and was quite upset to find out that the Tollhouse sandwiches were gone. I looked all over WDW for 4 days and didn't find any. I asked a few CMs about them too...some didnt know what happened to them and the others said it was because Disney is trying to be healthy. :brick:

The ice cream sandwiches were the only ice cream treat I liked from the frozen treat carts. As a result I resorted to getting the giant Edy's ice cream sandwiches (one from Fountainview at Epcot and one from my resort food court). I don't see how consuming one of those giant things is any healthier than the tollhouse ones...not to mention it takes me nearly 30 minutes to consume one!

Not to stir up an old post. but. the trans fat in the toll house Ice cream Sandwhich is listed in the ingredients of the cookie portion. it lists "partially hydrgenated soybean oil. . This is a common trans fat.

brucie

It was my favorite snack, Im so sad, Who is disney to decide what people are eating, it seems it was a very popular snack from the boards, sure it's not healthy but no one is being forced to eat them and there is nothing wrong with splurging once in a while when you are on vacation!! First Dining changes now this, I think I will send a formal complaint!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom