Where has the magic gone!

wdwmaniac

Sound very sad and seems to be very really. THe company is going through a tough time it seems like but also all the others are too!

markymark

Jeez, surely things aren't that bad. I disagree with the bit about AK, and as was mentioned on these boards a few weeks ago, AK is the 4th biggest draw in Orlando, not bad if all 4 parks occupy the top 4 places. Also look at how the the profits have increased with revenues of $1.65-billion back in 1984, increasing to $25-billion annually. I agree the company is obviously going through a tough time, but thats what it needs... time. I have said it before, I think the Walt Dinsey Company owes a lot to Michael Eisner, sure he is unpopular, but I cant think of many heads of companies that are popular.

WDWFanatic

Hey it always cant be all sunshine for disney, We all go thru rough times. Get off their backs!! My stock broker said that disney is still a good buy.
The only reason it went down is from a stock split. I got more stock for my money. Don't worry Mickey I wont turn my back on you. No place in the world has ever made me happier.

Attachments

• pluto08a.gif
    pluto08a.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 145

Seano846

I don't think Disney has too much to worry about, they get mine and millions of other peoples contributions every year

Attachments

• mickey bust out.gif
    mickey bust out.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 146

Tramp

How do you take a very simple idea and make it so complicated as to not recognize the original.

Even the author of the article refers to the unfathomable revenue increases in the 90's but fails to mention the expenses...if the bottom line is in the red, it doesn't matter how much cash flows thru mickey's ears. Being worth billions of dollars may keep the stockholders happy, but it doesn't mean you can meet the payroll every Friday.

I mentioned on another post that the Animal Kingdom and Disneyland Paris were big mistakes for the Disney Company and I still stick by that. These must be the result of the "brain drain" from Disney and I fear that even heavy discounting will not help it.

And the only person worth three quarters of a billion dollar salary, is Walt Disney himself. God bless him.

Sometimes I want to take some of these Disney executives and slap them until they wake up out of that arrogant, smug dream world of theirs.

Pepper's Ghost

21 year BUMP! 🤣 Heck, everyone else does it. I wanted the record for age of a bumped thread. For fun I went poking through the oldest pages of this board to see what was being discussed 21 years ago. Honestly, a lot of the same stuff, over and over. I found this thread interesting though. With all the discussion in 2022 of the magic being gone, this was being discussed back in 2001 as well. Heck, I'd kill for Disney circa-2001! It's interesting to look back 21 years into history to see what was being said with today's knowledge.

One interesting tidbit: one person posted that that the company was struggling with revenues of $25B. 2021.... $73B!! And that's with a pandemic in full effect.

And I'll bet before looking at the age of this thread, the subject line spoke like it was started this week. 😁

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
21 year BUMP! 🤣 Heck, everyone else does it. I wanted the record for age of a bumped thread. For fun I went poking through the oldest pages of this board to see what was being discussed 21 years ago. Honestly, a lot of the same stuff, over and over. I found this thread interesting though. With all the discussion in 2022 of the magic being gone, this was being discussed back in 2001 as well. Heck, I'd kill for Disney circa-2001! It's interesting to look back 21 years into history to see what was being said with today's knowledge.

One interesting tidbit: one person posted that that the company was struggling with revenues of $25B. 2021.... $73B!! And that's with a pandemic in full effect.

And I'll bet before looking at the age of this thread, the subject line spoke like it was started this week. 😁
Considering what happened two months later... very prescient!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom