Where has the magic gone!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Okay so according to this thread, “where has the magic gone” is just one more way to say “Disney is too expensive”
To be fair... if there are a zillion ways to say your product is too expensive, then it’s probably waaaaaay too expensive. ;-)

SteveAZee

Okay so according to this thread, “where has the magic gone” is just one more way to say “Disney is too expensive”
I guess I'm the contrarian then. My view of magic is thinking back to when over planning and reserving weeks or months in advance and/or needing to get on special lines so you can enjoy the attractions wasn't necessary. Just going and having the parks, attractions, attention to detail, overt cleanliness, and wonderful cast members unfold in front of you... that was the magic. If they only way to get back to that is to jack up the prices to limit crowds, add more rides, pay cast members fairly... yeah, I'll pick that plan.

Pepper's Ghost

I guess I'm the contrarian then. My view of magic is thinking back to when over planning and reserving weeks or months in advance and/or needing to get on special lines so you can enjoy the attractions wasn't necessary. Just going and having the parks, attractions, attention to detail, overt cleanliness, and wonderful cast members unfold in front of you... that was the magic. If they only way to get back to that is to jack up the prices to limit crowds, add more rides, pay cast members fairly... yeah, I'll pick that plan.
Back in those days, if you planned and reserved weeks and months in advance, you were WAY ahead of the pack. That's when I liked doing it. Now, you do it just to keep pace, and if you don't, you're the last person crossing the finish line.

aladdin2007

Back in those days, if you planned and reserved weeks and months in advance, you were WAY ahead of the pack. That's when I liked doing it. Now, you do it just to keep pace, and if you don't, you're the last person crossing the finish line.
agree, not only that I noticed while in the magic kingdom the other day it was just beyond unbearable. It was a constant rush, you cant enjoy anything, you cant stop hardly and look at anything, you cant even barely shop without getting mowed down. Both while inside and or when taking a break outside. I dont know what's happened but the fun has been sucked out of the place. And show is nearly gone, the majority of cast in the emporium were wearing regular clothes now, what happened to costumed cast? Something has really gone sour at Disney parks in how they are operating and running things. And with no more fast pass we couldn't get on any attraction the wait times were so high, one ride would almost take up one afternoon. Seaworld has become a breath of fresh air.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, I wanted the all-time record for bumpage. 🤣 Like I said in my bump post, I was curious about and browsing topics discussed in the early days of the forum. It was funny to find one that became relevant again after 21 years. 😁

Also, funny this thread has gotten much more activity in it's reincarnation. 😁
Still seems pretty relevant!

StarshipDisney

Agree Completely. I am all about planning our trips in as much detail as possible and KNOWING that we are likely to have a good time. Disney is now moving in a direction to where planning is minimal and more so with the latest change to Genie+; every night, every morning, every day, will be little more than a proverbial Cluster on your smart phone.

I know I won't stop going to Disney but maybe a bad experience or two will change my mind.

Staying at Universal all week and just visiting Disney as a day guest on a basic ticket is looking more and more attractive. Not to mention that Universal still has Express Pass, daily room service, and package delivery to resorts back in place. Universal is getting to be the better resort to stay at.

This is not about $$$. I have always preferred the Deluxe Resorts and we have stayed multiple times at Club level. Yes, I can afford it. But to me the Disney magic is just going down the tubes faster and faster and I refuse to be stupid with what I have.

Goofyernmost

Agree Completely. I am all about planning our trips in as much detail as possible and KNOWING that we are likely to have a good time. Disney is now moving in a direction to where planning is minimal and more so with the latest change to Genie+; every night, every morning, every day, will be little more than a proverbial Cluster on your smart phone.

I know I won't stop going to Disney but maybe a bad experience or two will change my mind.

Staying at Universal all week and just visiting Disney as a day guest on a basic ticket is looking more and more attractive. Not to mention that Universal still has Express Pass, daily room service, and package delivery to resorts back in place. Universal is getting to be the better resort to stay at.

This is not about $$$. I have always preferred the Deluxe Resorts and we have stayed multiple times at Club level. Yes, I can afford it. But to me the Disney magic is just going down the tubes faster and faster and I refuse to be stupid with what I have.
Agree, and I have taken on that habit of Universal primary and perhaps a day or two at WDW to fulfill my nostalgia needs. However, now with the time restrictions on park hoppers, I'm not even going to do that.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Agree, and I have taken on that habit of Universal primary and perhaps a day or two at WDW to fulfill my nostalgia needs. However, now with the time restrictions on park hoppers, I'm not even going to do that.
The park hopper restrictions are probably the most impactful change for us. I understand why they had to happen, and I get from a logistics perspective why the company would want to keep them. But from a park touring perspective, it’s awful. We’ve always rope dropped, which means when we park hop we’re ready to go to the next thing by 10 or 11 in the morning most of the time. This restriction makes me feel so trapped we just wouldn’tbuy park hoppers at all.

Mark48

Here is the " Elephant in the room " .... Disneys debt service. Between the Fox acquisition and
borrowing over 18 billion dollars at the start of the pandemic the company is deeper in
debt than they have ever been. While that may or may not have a day to day effect on the
stock price it sure is a long term " Ball and chain ".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom