Where else do you vacation?

mrtoad

surfsupdon said:
It takes less than 5 minutes to walk to the beach and the bay (both of which we have views from our house) and we are also situated right next to Island Beach State Park which has a slew of recreational opportunities. I am so fortunate to live at a vacation destination that is this relaxing. :cool:

Island Beach State Park is beautiful. I am not a fan of the whole Seaside Heights area which is right there as it tends to get run down with high school/college kids wanting to party, but Island Beach is one of the nicest beaches you can find.

Boo's Mom

SpectroMan said:
Colorado, New York, Virginia.

We also take small trips to places like Houston are go spent the weekend in New Orleans.

Ok I live in virginia and I can't find anything exciting to do! For all of those who come to virginia, What do you do here? :lol:

riguitargod

We go to Six Flags New England a lot. We're planning to make a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure this summer to ride the Kingda Ka... Tallest and fastest coaster in the world!

And then I often go on trips to Las Vegas to visit my father.

Nansafan

Vegas Baby! Usually 3 trips a year, WDW, Vegas, WDW. This year we will be visiting Ireland in November to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

rainfully

I've been to Upstate New York (Syracuse) to visit my mom's side of the family many times.

We went to Kennebunkport, Maine once.

Weekend trips to the Lake of the Ozarks every so often.

And once to California. We spent one week and drove up and down the coast... hittin up San Diego, LA, and San Francisco and back down to LA again.

That was in 8th grade... And this year I'm going again... this time with some friends! We're going to stay in the LA/Anaheim area though and for the first time ever I'm going to visit Mickey in his native homeland. I'm so excited!

(we're also going to go see The Price is Right! :D )

polynesiangirl

I've lived a fairly sheltered vacation life (largely by choice, also due to the fact that I'm not old enough to rent a car with most rental car companies without paying extra, which makes getting around at some places annoying/a hassle.) It's mostly been restricted to the touristy stuff within 2-6 hours driving distance from home (within WI, MN, IL: such as Chicago and the Mall of America, etc) and then trips down to Florida (mostly WDW.)

That said, I have been to Hawaii. And it was really, really outstanding. I did occassionally find myself wondering when we were going to get to the theme parks, but all in all I've never seen such a *naturally* beautiful place. And it gave me more respect for WDW having made such a worthy tribute at the Poly! Not the kind of vacation I can afford to take more than once every 5 years or so though, with the plane fares alone from here being what they are. Yet another reason why WDW is such a great vacation spot!

Maria

My dad likes traveling and he took us many places. Now that we can afford it by ourselves, I guess we got used to it, because we try visiting new places each time. That being said, I´ve been to Paris, Italy, Canada, Bahamas and Argentina; Vegas, SF, San Antonio, Houston, L.A., New Orleans, Michigan, NY, DC, Florida and Boston in the USA (I´m still missing Chicago!).
Sadly though, I haven´t been in many places in my own country... only to the capital city and a few other cities around it. Of course, Cancun is the most popular one for me because it´s a short drive from my city. I guess you always think "how far can I get with this money?" and try to travel as far as you can each time... after all, your own country will always be there ;)

PamelaNiebergal

Though I would certainly rather go to WDW than anywhere else (by far) we also take trips to Las Vegas, California (gotta see Disneyland now and then) and Banff, Canada which has to be one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in the world, and is actually within driving distance of my home town, unlike WDW :(

surfsupdon

mrtoad said:
Island Beach State Park is beautiful. I am not a fan of the whole Seaside Heights area which is right there as it tends to get run down with high school/college kids wanting to party, but Island Beach is one of the nicest beaches you can find.

Agreed! But please don't think I live in the tourist trap that is Seaside Heights. I live at the other end of the island, right next to Island Beach. My little 4 block by 3 block town situated right next to the State Park is largely populated by locals. Then we have Seaside Park as a buffer from Seaside Heights, lol.

:wave:

dandaman

To be honest, the only other place I go is Cedar Point... but I have a season pass this year for CP, so I should expect to go at least three times...

Jon_in_NC

I enjoy going to Universal Orlando and Sea World as well as Disney.

Other than the Orlando area I'm a tropic person. Just went to Cancun back in January with my girlfriend and a return trip to Hawaii is on the horizon sometime. Maybe for honeymoon? ;)

LouDisney

I used to live in New Orleans, so I go to Mardi Gras every year and several weekend trips throughout the year as well.

Summertime I go to the beach a couple of times, and I go to Destin, FL.

Every other year I try and go somewhere that I have never been before, if I can that is.

awalkinthepark

My mom and my inlaws live within an hour's drive from Disney...one in Winter Haven the other near Port Canaveral....we visit them often since the kids are so young. We used to go camping on the weekends on Cape Cod...but DH has lost interest in camping since DS#1 & #2 came along...we did a weekend in the Berkshires(BORING and horribly pain inducing from the elevation) and we cruised on Disney.. I am currently trying to talk DH into a RCCL cruise...but he is determined to get back to Castaway Cay..so he isn't going to give in very easily...it might take a couple of years to get back on a cruise ship

dhall

Non-Florida beaches

We go to the Outer Banks every year -- Corolla, specifically. We'll also hit HIlton Head and the vicinity every few years and/or the Smokies.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ellajoan said:
Just curious--with all of the Disney holics on these boards, I am wondering this...Does anyone go anywhere else on vacation? If so, where do you like to go? I know that nothing can come close to the magic of Disney, but where else do you go? :confused:

People vacation elsewhere? :lol:

Actually, we're thinking very seriously of doing DL this fall. We also venture to TX once in a while, we have some relatives down there. Other than that, nowhere. Unless you count the Disney Cruise. :)

1stStarIC2nite

Well... nowhere other than Disney Destinations, really :lol:. We've done the cruise (fantastic!) and WDW many times. And this summer it's Disneyland!!! But other than that, we don't usually vacation anywhere else, and that's just fine with me :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom