Where does Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast rank with the best Disney rides ever?

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Now that we've had enough time with the new BotB ride in Tokyo, how does it rank with the other greats? Does it even stand up near them? Is it as good?
I'm talking Rise of the Resistance, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mystic Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for The Sunken Treasure, Flight of Passage, Radiator Springs Racers, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Indiana Jones Adventure, Sinbad's Storybook Voyage, etc.
Discuss, how do you rank the best Disney rides in the world, what are they?​

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now that we've had enough time with the new BotB ride in Tokyo, how does it rank with the other greats? Does it even stand up near them? Is it as good?
I'm talking Rise of the Resistance, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mystic Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for The Sunken Treasure, Flight of Passage, Radiator Springs Racers, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Indiana Jones Adventure, Sinbad's Storybook Voyage, etc.
Discuss, how do you rank the best Disney rides in the world, what are they?​

Well, when people saw a preview of the Belle AA, they thought it was going to be the best ride ever. Because, you know, if there are AAs, it must be the best ride ever!!!

Then they found out it was a tribute to the musical numbers, which is great if one enjoys musical numbers. But, not so great for the rest.

As a ride that features musical numbers, it's pretty good except for the one unexceptional scene of Something There. There are a few other minor nitpicks that can be made... the major one is that they just didn't go far enough in 'plussing' every little bit.

For people who like the movie and Broadway style musicals, it's great. For people who aren't into the musicals or who were looking to be floored by a barrage of Special Effects... it's disappointing... but if they call it 'bad,' they'd be overreacting, IMO.

It's good/great, but not GOAT.

dennis-in-ct

I asked a buddy of mine who ha been to the Disney parks globally, several times, to rank the trackless rides after he rode ETBB (enchanted tales beauty and the beast).

he did not include Luigi’s or Aquatopia and listed:
1 ROTR
2 Hunny hunt
3 Mystic Manor
4 ETBB
5 Runaway Train
6 Ratatouille

I have seen the video ride through ETBB and the prince transformation was truly magical. I was surprised how ETBB ranked so low in the list yet he RAVED about it. I guess that just shows me how Rise Of The Resistance is so outstanding. He commented how Mystic Manor ranked high on his list due to it being an original (non IP) imaginative creation that builds slowly to an grand finale.
Ratatouille ranked last in his opinion due to the lack of motion of the ride vehicles, by contrast the Honey Hunt vehicles will bounce, etc., and relied more on screens and therefore felt too much like universal.

I thought his insights and opinions were interesting and just wanted to share here for others to comment.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I asked a buddy of mine who ha been to the Disney parks globally, several times, to rank the trackless rides after he rode ETBB (enchanted tales beauty and the beast).

he did not include Luigi’s or Aquatopia and listed:
1 ROTR
2 Hunny hunt
3 Mystic Manor
4 ETBB
5 Runaway Train
6 Ratatouille

I have seen the video ride through ETBB and the prince transformation was truly magical. I was surprised how ETBB ranked so low in the list yet he RAVED about it. I guess that just shows me how Rise Of The Resistance is so outstanding. He commented how Mystic Manor ranked high on his list due to it being an original (non IP) imaginative creation that builds slowly to an grand finale.
Ratatouille ranked last in his opinion due to the lack of motion of the ride vehicles, by contrast the Honey Hunt vehicles will bounce, etc., and relied more on screens and therefore felt too much like universal.

I thought his insights and opinions were interesting and just wanted to share here for others to comment.
Ask him if he's been to Seaworld's Antarctica and where that would fall on the list.

dennis-in-ct

Ok - I asked and his list is :

1 ROTR
2 Hunny hunt
3 Mystic Manor
4 ETBB
5 Runaway Train
6 Ratatouille
7 Aquatopia
8 Luigis
27 Sea World’ penguins (haha).

“Aquatopia and Luigis are poor excuses for the trackless technology. A spin on a flat surface but at least Aquatopia has show elements and a larger course where you love about. Sea World ride sucks because you just slide around a bit and watch a very poor show on projected images. And lasts like 1 minute? Sad. “

BasiltheBatLord

Mystic Manor is much better than Honey Hunt imo. Honey Hunt is cool but it just feels like a minor iterative improvement over the existing American Pooh dark rides. It also has one less scene than the American rides (it doesn't have the flood scene) and feels a little too short as a result.

Can't comment on any other trackless rides as I've only ridden Honey Hunt, Mystic Manor and BatB.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Ok - I asked and his list is :

1 ROTR
2 Hunny hunt
3 Mystic Manor
4 ETBB
5 Runaway Train
6 Ratatouille
7 Aquatopia
8 Luigis
27 Sea World’ penguins (haha).

“Aquatopia and Luigis are poor excuses for the trackless technology. A spin on a flat surface but at least Aquatopia has show elements and a larger course where you love about. Sea World ride sucks because you just slide around a bit and watch a very poor show on projected images. And lasts like 1 minute? Sad. “
Yeah, that's why I asked you to ask him. It's well known for being objectively awful.

In comparison, all the other trackless rides are tied for first.

dennis-in-ct

Mystic Manor is much better than Honey Hunt imo. Honey Hunt is cool but it just feels like a minor iterative improvement over the existing American Pooh dark rides. It also has one less scene than the American rides (it doesn't have the flood scene) and feels a little too short as a result.

Can't comment on any other trackless rides as I've only ridden Honey Hunt, Mystic Manor and BatB.

so how does ETBB stack up? Number one?

SweetDuffy101

It's way below the other two for me. Not even close. I found it quite underwhelming. BatB has the best queue of those two though, if that's any consolation?
Recent trend with attractions in theme parks has always been keen more on Capacity rather than the experience and now with the pandemic, Theme parks are now looking for wider and more spacious attractions i know it will destroy the over all experience, But they want to have more people to experience the ride rather than a having a very long wait time attraction.

jaxonp

I know I’m in the minority but I find mystic manor to be so overrated. It’s slow moving and all the nodes to the haunted mansion just make me miss the haunted mansion. The ending is neat if you get to see it depending on which car your in.

1 Rise
2 Pooh
3 MMRR
4 Rat
5 Mystic Manor

haven’t done BatB yet. Pooh is fun and it moves!

jaxonp

pooh in America is a joke. Please don’t compare it to hunny hunt.

LittleMerman

Is Radiator Springs Racers considered one of the best Disney rides? I've only ridden it once and it was pretty great but I far more enjoyed other rides at DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom