Where do public bus/shuttles drop off?

loara71

Original Poster
PLEASE can someone that knows or been to Disney World answer my question:
Where do the public buses and/or outside hotel shuttles drop off visitors to Disney World? (LOCATION)
I need to know so I can figure out on a public bus travel planner a route to take to get to Disney World from my hotel.
I am so confused. I know the public buses drop off at some place called the Ticket and Tranportation hub. However, WHERE IS THAT LOCATED EXACTLY?

I keep seeing too that public buses (trip planner routes) stop mostly at Downtown Disney. However, that is not where I can go to get into the parks, right?

I appreciated any responses I can get. :)

The Mom

Premium Member
The TTC is located across Bay lake from the Magic Kingdom. You would have to take a boat or monorail to enter the MK. You could also take a monorail to Epcot from this point.

You must take WDW transportation from DTD to get to any parks, so another wait and bus ride.

I might suggest that if you are counting on non-WDW hotel shuttles and public transportation to get to/from the parks you should budget for cab fare. Your planned transportation, in my limited experience, is very inefficient, and you may find yourself stranded.

Nemo14

I agree. another option would be to rent a car, but that might not be the most practical thing for you either if you don't like to drive in unfamiliar areas, or if you're under 25. I think that you'll find that by the time you add in the cost of cab fare or car rental, you could stay on property with free transportation for about the same amount and have a less stressful experience.

To clarify what was said about DTD, the busses do not run directly to the parks from there. You would have to take a bus to one of the Disney hotels, then change busses (or monorail or boat) to go to whatever park. You should plan on this taking roughly one hour, and repeat in reverse getting back to DTD.

tampabrad

I think the Orlando Area Public Transportation has stops at both DTD and TTC. If you have an option, go to TTC. TTC is by the MK parking lot where you can catch the ferry to MK, the monorail to MK and Epcot and I think busses to DAK and DHS. If you go to DTD, you will have to take a Disney Bus to a Disney resort and then another form of transport from the resort to the park.

Some off property hotels do offer transportation directly to all of the disney parks. Some charge a daily fee, some are free. Some are once a day, others may run through out the day. You'll need to check with your hotel on that.

If you consider renting a car, keep in mind WDW charges $14 a day to park, but it is good all day at all parks if you are park hopping.

WDW 3

Tampabrad is correct. TTC does have buses that go to HS & AK. We stayed at SOG last month and took advantage of both.

The Mom

Premium Member
Tampabrad is correct. TTC does have buses that go to HS & AK. We stayed at SOG last month and took advantage of both.

Thank you - I couldn't remember if they had buses. So it appears that the best option is to take public transportation to the TTC, regardless of the park.

But again, the public buses are not like those in major cities like NYC, Boston, DC etc but more like those in smaller cities like Providence, Hartford, etc. They don't run that frequently, especially during non-rush periods.

The hotel shuttle frequencies will vary, too. I know that I only used one once while staying offsite - never again.

Of course, now I always stay on site, and within walking distance of at least one park, so it isn't an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom