• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Where Did Walt Walk?

phil24

Original Poster
Does anyone know where Walt Disney actually walked at Disney World property?

I know he visited Florida at least a few times before he died and I know there is at least one famous photo of him walking on the Florida property. Does anyone know where this is? I thought I heard it was somewhere over at the Contemporary

Walt_Disney

That’s a good question. I’m interested in this too. I looked online but couldn’t find an answer. Perhaps someone here can answer it.

Duckberg

WDW opened Oct.1, 1971 and Walt died Dec. 15, 1966. There are the still photos of Walt visiting the raw land on his one and only Florida visit in 1965. :);)

phil24

Original Poster
Correct and I’m interested to know if anyone is aware of the location of some of the photos relative to what has been constructed today.

Tamandua

That's one thing I love about Disneyland. You know Walt stood or sat in so many of those places you can stand or sit in. And you can see his personal apartment above the main street fire station. It's too bad they're slowly unWalting everything.

csupinski

I saw something where it seemed to suggest he actually stayed at what is now Fort Wilderness. I believe Fort Wilderness (at least where the boat launch is currently) was once a fish camp.

castlecake2.0

I saw something where it seemed to suggest he actually stayed at what is now Fort Wilderness. I believe Fort Wilderness (at least where the boat launch is currently) was once a fish camp.
Can you remember where you heard this? I’m trying to find more info and hitting dead ends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom