Where are the air fare deals?

mrsmtc

Original Poster
Last year, Sept 2012, we paid less than $400 total for both of us, CLE to MCO. I am now looking for February 2014 and that's what I am finding per person! :eek: I know I may be looking a bit early...guess I will have to keep watching otherwise we'll be driving!

How do you find the best airfares?

stevehousse

Airfares have been horrible as of late! Good luck trying to find a good deal! I have been trying to find airfare to both Florida and Las Vegas and its terribly expensive right now! Not sure what's up???

NeverEnufDisney

February is school release time, the airlines know this and it's hard to find a deal. Fuel prices are also on the rise so they are less likely to give a deal. Hang on, keep checking and you can get lucky. Best of luck!

Cindee75

I also read that with potential issues with Syria ect. that fuel prices will remain high indefinitely. Sometimes I think "they" use anything to keep prices and profits high.

BTW I checked almost everyday for prices until I found what we thought was reasonable for our family of 5 for November. I finally got something early August. Looking today the price is $50 per ticket more - so if you find a good price jump on it and don't worry after that.

NeverEnufDisney

There is also some chatter that the prices are only temporarily high due to Syria issues. This is a case of time eventually telling the story.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Gone with the mergers, You really did not think the mergers were about better serving the customer, Airline mergers are about reducing competition and increasing fares. At one time we DID have too many airlines chasing too few PAX this is no longer the case.

dkosdros

We booked our flights for early Feb 2014. We checked every day and then finally they day came they released the prices. they were about $120 per person. i waited about a week figuring out which flight times to take. in that week they went up to $250 per person. this happened in a matter of hours the big jump. I went with a different airline when I finally found a price of $150 per person. not the best airline but we needed the savings. The price hasn't come down since we first booked and we did so back in early August. So if you find something somewhat cheap. grab it now.

mrsmtc

Original Poster
Yep, I check everyday, multiple sites and will grab something if I find it. Oh well, we can drive if I can't find a deal.

disney4life2008

Gone with the mergers, You really did not think the mergers were about better serving the customer, Airline mergers are about reducing competition and increasing fares. At one time we DID have too many airlines chasing too few PAX this is no longer the case.

Well said. Before Southwest merged with AirTran - I was able to fly from Chicago to Orlando for about $150/$200 round trip (if I was lucky sometimes flights would be $49 one way). Since the merger - Southwest has been $149 cheapest from Chicago to Orlando with horrible arrival times in Orlando. The merger eliminated a lot of the southwest specific flights and now we are stuck with the layover flights going to ATL then Orlando. The same can also be said of Comcast - they are buying up everything - yet cable prices continue to go up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom