Where’s the Na’vi Shaman?

HongKongFooy

might have been less technologically impressive, but he was still far more effective.

Oh absolutely........ET doesn't move convincingly(in fairness for his day say 30 years back he was killin it) but he sure does engage us and do something memorable.

The central goblin at the Gringot Bank is the way an AA needs to be done these days: lifelike, engaging and straight up interesting to experience.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Oh absolutely........ET doesn't move convincingly(in fairness for his day say 30 years back he was killin it) but he sure does engage us and do something memorable.

I dunno man... maybe about 5 ish years ago he had his last bit of life. But when we went after Uni reopened this year, the attraction was only memorable for how extremely terrible the animatronics states were in. Especially the last E.T.

It’s no wonder universal constantly uses screens. The state of animatronics in their parks just goes downhill for all of their attractions until they all look broken. Here’s hoping Kong is maintained.

Benjamin_Nicholas

But when we went after Uni reopened this year, the attraction was only memorable for how extremely terrible the animatronics states were in. Especially the last E.T

Hey now... Let's not forget the signature scent of ET, which is worth doing the ride alone.

Sure, she's an ol' gal in a world of shiny new toys, but nostalgia keeps me coming back to it :)

HarperRose

She(female??) moves convincingly.....very nice fluid motions and likely Disney's best one yet for natural movements.....BUT and the biggest 'but' imaginable enough to please Sir Mixalot..........

As impressive as she is from a technological angle the AA remains boring......such a squandered opportunity. There is nothing interesting, exciting, momentous, noteworthy about her.

Considering designers positioned the AA as the climactic show piece sitting half Indian style waving arms around is not maximising its potential. Such a passive AA with wasted opportunity.

Better if she were hunting with a bow or spear or sling or addressing us with engaging dialogue or surprising us with something, anything. Climb a tree, hang from a vine, warn us or advise us......just do something that is interesting to pull us in instead of sitting and singing.
The entire ride is a squandered opportunity.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hey now... Let's not forget the signature scent of ET, which is worth doing the ride alone.

Sure, she's an ol' gal in a world of shiny new toys, but nostalgia keeps me coming back to it :)
The nostalgia makes me ride it every trip too! But I always leave incredibly sad seeing the state that it is in.

That scent is so amazing I agree. I'm about to buy me some wax warmer ET Adventure scents right now.

JoeCamel

I dunno man... maybe about 5 ish years ago he had his last bit of life. But when we went after Uni reopened this year, the attraction was only memorable for how extremely terrible the animatronics states were in. Especially the last E.T.

It’s no wonder universal constantly uses screens. The state of animatronics in their parks just goes downhill for all of their attractions until they all look broken. Here’s hoping Kong is maintained.
This guy would like a word about the state of Universal AAs.

JoeCamel

Tell him to come back to me in 10 years.

(edit) or tell him to get an equally demanding overseer for other animatronics. (JK Rowling)
He has been there 6 years and has not missed a day. How about that Nav'i?
Before you go running down others to pump up your brand in your head you might want to think about what you are saying.
Do you have to inject us vs. them into everything?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom