When you're that close...standby for Frozen at rope drop AFTER breakfast

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi ho there...

We have reservations for breakfast @ Akershus for 8:10. Of course kids want every Tier A Fastpass, so we have to be selective. Since we're right there, does it make sense to eat quickly and then get right on standby line for Frozen versus getting a FP so we can use that Tier A FP for Soarin' or Test Track? FWIW, Touring Plans predicts a "5" average crowd level the day we go.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
I was in line at FEA at 925am this past Saturday. Posted wait time was 30, was more like 25.
That's not so bad. And considering we'll be on line at 9 versus 9:25, and a Sunday versus a Saturday, might not be so bad to go that route, though I'd be eager to hear other opinions.

I know the first time we went to Akershus after FEA opened, we had FP but thought we could get an extra ride in first thing in the morning. At the time the line seemed prohibitively long, out the door and past the entrance to Norway...but in retrospect it's possible they hadn't opened the ride yet so the line could have wound up quickly absorbed at 9. I don't know. It's possible...

LittleBuford

Hey there hi ho there...

We have reservations for breakfast @ Akershus for 8:10. Of course kids want every Tier A Fastpass, so we have to be selective. Since we're right there, does it make sense to eat quickly and then get right on standby line for Frozen versus getting a FP so we can use that Tier A FP for Soarin' or Test Track? FWIW, Touring Plans predicts a "5" average crowd level the day we go.

My partner and I did this during spring break last year and were on the ride within about ten minutes. We finished our breakfast at 9 and made our way to the queue, which was already beginning to form but was still very short. I wouldn't waste a FP if you already have the dining reservation.

Last edited:

LeighM

This is what we did when my husband and I were at Akershus in October 2016. We had an 8:10 ADR and we were at our table at 8:05. Since we weren't waiting on characters, we were able to finish eating by 8:50 and only had a 20 minute wait. I still had a FP for later in the trip in case the ride wasn't working after our breakfast ADR.

JusticeDisney

Hey there hi ho there...

I like your plan, and based upon my past personal experience with FEA, I would be willing to bet that your wait time will be very minimal. I say do exactly what you are proposing. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom