Votes: 4 6.1%

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Never

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

aliceismad

When the parks first reopen there will be no crowds, they will be opening with 15% capacity, this equals a 5 minute wait for pretty much everything.
Theoretically. There's no guarantee that Disney will reopen at 15%. And there's no guarantee it will open all the rides or with all the staff. WDW is still operating at 35% capacity, and the app currently has lines of 60 minutes or longer for 13 rides across the four parks.

cmwade77

Theoretically. There's no guarantee that Disney will reopen at 15%. And there's no guarantee it will open all the rides or with all the staff. WDW is still operating at 35% capacity, and the app currently has lines of 60 minutes or longer for 13 rides across the four parks.
Well, at present they are limited to 15%, of course by end of April, who knows what tier they will be in......could even be the new so called green tier Newsom plans on adding. But at 15%, there would be no waits.

el_super

Well, at present they are limited to 15%, of course by end of April, who knows what tier they will be in......could even be the new so called green tier Newsom plans on adding. But at 15%, there would be no waits.

Seems premature to suggest that. Say for instance, restrictions indicate that indoor rides have to load every other vehicle, there will still be waits, even with 15% capacity.

Overall park capacity also doesn't change the demand profiles for attractions. You can end up with some attractions having no wait, and Space Mountain having a 30+ minute wait..

aliceismad

I don't disagree. I just think the idea of 15% or 25% is tricky and can be confusing. The percentages can lead people to believe the parks won't be crowded even if in reality they might be, depending on what's open, social distancing guidelines, etc. There are blogs and OC Register stories that discuss it further by giving the estimate capacities of DL and DCA and comparing the various percentages of capacity with the 2019 average guests per day, etc. I'm not an expert. I would just hate for people to think it's going to be walk-ons for everything for the forseeable future and then be surprised if the actual park experience doesn't meet that expectation.

shambolicdefending

I would go now but I'm out of state and not allowed. Just returned to my mask-free state from my third COVID-era trip to WDW.
Right there with you. We did WDW for the first time ever earlier this month. Both my wife and I are westerners from multi-generational Disneyland families, but we decided it was finally time to do as proper Texans and head east for our Disney fix. My only regret is we waited so long.

As for California, we have taken advantage of some loopholes and still maintain legal "proof" of residency at the moment (nevermind the details), so we'll probably be able to squeeze into Disneyland this year if we want to. But I doubt we will.

Last edited:

KikoKea

I'd love to visit for Christmas this year, if they will let non-Californians in by then....if it is not ridiculously crowded. Halloween/Christmas is my favorite time at DL, and I like DL better than WDW for the holidays. Since we are taking a break from WDW for a while, I'm hoping DL opens up for all soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom