• Winter 2019

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Never

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

shambolicdefending

After our last visit this past January, we decided to pencil our next Disneyland trip in for late Summer or Fall of 2021.

Part of the long delay is to let the novelty of Star Wars run its course, see how it affects things, wait for the parking projects to get finished, etc. Part of it is to let our youngest grow a few more inches so we can stop doing child swap. And part of it is just to take a Disney break and do something new.

Weather_Lady

We'd planned our first/only visit to DL for the end of August, without regard for the Star Wars Land construction schedule. Even though we're big SW fans, I fear the SW Land opening and the crowds it brings might diminish our trip more than it could possibly improve it (especially if the whole shebang isn't open at the end of August, meaning we're going to have to fight bigger crowds and face longer lines all because of a net gain of one attraction).

We're keeping our chins up, though, and will see what we can of the new land when we go and hopefully the crowds won't be all that bad in other parts of the park(s). Our long-term plan is to see the whole Star Wars land at Disney World (Florida - far closer to us), sometime around 2021, when everything is open and the excitement has died down a bit. We'll view the DL version as more of a "bonus, partial sneak peek" and won't set our hopes on spending any quality time in that part of the park. That way, our expectations will be met or exceeded no matter what things look like when we visit. ;)

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If I can find the time and money, and I was to go this summer, it would be in August granted RotR is open by then. Otherwise in the winter or next year.

The real question is........can I stay away from spoilers online until then.......could be worse than trying to quit caffeine.

westie

IDK, last couple of visits, between crowds, rude security people and constant construction, probably going to give it a year or so.

SuddenStorm

I'll go- if they sell a Star Tours accurate Rex at the droid shop, cause that'd be one heckuva collectible. No interest in waiting in line for hours at Disneyland to support a land I've been vocally opposed too since it was announced, though if I'm ever there and the Fastpasses are easily available or the lines are short I'll ride the stuff.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
IDK, last couple of visits, between crowds, rude security people and constant construction, probably going to give it a year or so.

nZLFarX.gif

We planned a trip for November about a year ago. Hoping that some of the first months' insanity will die down, though now with ROR delayed, who knows?

westie

To be honest, I've never noticed rude security staff at Disneyland- is there a story here?
Just ran into the one security guard at DCA hotel that took the happy out of the Happiest Place on Earth coupled with my complaint being dealt with like,"So sad. Too bad. Bye-bye." Anyways, that's the short version.

Phroobar

Just ran into the one security guard at DCA hotel that took the happy out of the Happiest Place on Earth coupled with my complaint being dealt with like,"So sad. Too bad. Bye-bye." Anyways, that's the short version.
I'm going to use that more often.
So sad. Too bad. Ahh-b-bye.

Ismael Flores

well i guess the first couple months will depend on whether the person is lucky enough to get a reservation pass. They already said that no one will be allowed in the land without a reservation pass and that a standby queue will also NOT be available for the land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom