When Will The Sounds Of Summer 2011 Lineup Be Announced?

disney1077

I found this on the allears.net website:

Several shows for the annual Sounds Like Summer series at Epcot, which hosts tribute (or sound-alike) bands, have been tentatively announced:

-- June 12 -18: Hotel California - Tribute to the Eagles
-- July 10-16: Frontiers - The Journey Tribute
-- July 17-23: Karin Lawson - A Tribute to Janet Jackson
-- July 24–30: 2U - The World's 2nd Best U2 Show

MissM

Just on the Disney Parks blog today:

• Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles, 6/12-18/11
  • Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees, 6/19-25/11
  • Slippery When Wet – The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute, 6/26-7/2/11
  • Little Queen – The Music of Heart, 7/3-9/11
  • Frontiers – A Tribute to Journey, 7/10-16/11
  • Karin Lawson – A Tribute to Janet Jackson, 7/17-23/11
  • 2U – A Tribute to U2, 7/24-30/11

Epcot concert times are 5:45 p.m., 7:00 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. However, on July 4, the times will be 5:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. And of course, entertainment is subject to change without notice. So, who are you looking forward to hearing this summer?

Link: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY11Q2TwitterDisneyParks28-03-11@0018

tizzo

• Little Queen – The Music of Heart, 7/3-9/11
  • Frontiers – A Tribute to Journey, 7/10-16/11

I'm looking forward to these, which I believe are new additions. And I'm glad my favorites from years past (2U and Slippery When Wet) are coming back.

LQRocks

I saw some of videos on Youtube and i must say Little Queen sure does rock!!
I think they rock as well; they've worked their collective behinds off to try to present an accurate representation of Heart's music, and they had to get Heart's permission to play the show at Disney this year - that meant sending their video, bio's, pics, recordings, etc off to Heart's management company and hoping they'd give them the ok. The only reason I know this is because I'm the bassist in the band (so, granted, I'm a little biased). :) It is *quite* an adventure booking a gig at WDW! They're *extremely* together, organized, and their standards are very high - we're really looking forward to coming down there and playing!

And thank you, Patrick, for the kind words! :)
--Sean

menamechris

I think they rock as well; they've worked their collective behinds off to try to present an accurate representation of Heart's music, and they had to get Heart's permission to play the show at Disney this year - that meant sending their video, bio's, pics, recordings, etc off to Heart's management company and hoping they'd give them the ok. The only reason I know this is because I'm the bassist in the band (so, granted, I'm a little biased). :) It is *quite* an adventure booking a gig at WDW! They're *extremely* together, organized, and their standards are very high - we're really looking forward to coming down there and playing!

--Sean

That's awesome, Sean! I am sure you are going to have a BLAST performing there. Artists and bands come back again year after year. Can't wait to see you guys! I will be there! :wave:

Patrick_Ears

--Sean

You are very Welcome!!:sohappy: I love Heart's music and when i saw that promo video my jaw dropped and i was like. WOW!! The two young ladys that sing in the band with you are just Fantastic!!:sohappy: Along haha with all of you playing the way Heart does. Hey i sent you a message in your e-mail box.

LQRocks

You are very Welcome!!:sohappy: I love Heart's music and when i saw that promo video my jaw dropped and i was like. WOW!! The two young ladys that sing in the band with you are just Fantastic!!:sohappy: Along haha with all of you playing the way Heart does. Hey i sent you a message in your e-mail box.

Got it. :) Thanks! I'll pass your comments along to the girls - interestingly enough, they enjoy the occasional compliment, though I suspect there are a lot of girls like that...:) I'm actually married to 'Ann', so after your comment brightens her day, I'll do what I can to reap the rewards (I am a shallow male after all...) :) The talent buyer at Disney told me on the phone (I'm the band leader and point of contact) that he basically booked us (and books bands in general) based on the strength of the vocals; those are what apparently make or break tribute acts. I'm really hoping we can hang out a day or two extra and see Frontiers! You'd think this would be like a working vacation -- it's a lot more work than vacation. :) 22 shows in 7 days! :)

Patrick_Ears

Got it. :) Thanks! I'll pass your comments along to the girls - interestingly enough, they enjoy the occasional compliment, though I suspect there are a lot of girls like that...:) I'm actually married to 'Ann', so after your comment brightens her day, I'll do what I can to reap the rewards (I am a shallow male after all...) :) The talent buyer at Disney told me on the phone (I'm the band leader and point of contact) that he basically booked us (and books bands in general) based on the strength of the vocals; those are what apparently make or break tribute acts. I'm really hoping we can hang out a day or two extra and see Frontiers! You'd think this would be like a working vacation -- it's a lot more work than vacation. :) 22 shows in 7 days! :)

:ROFLOL:I bet. Hey keep on rocking man!!!! Hope you all have fun, just too bad i won' be there for this. Have to catch you all in concert here in New Orleans one day.

tizzo

The talent buyer at Disney told me on the phone (I'm the band leader and point of contact) that he basically booked us (and books bands in general) based on the strength of the vocals

That's consistent with what I'm used to seeing with the other bands they book for this series. And it's probably especially important for a band like yours, given the distinctive vocals that characterize Heart's music.

I gotta say, I am really looking forward to hearing you guys. Thanks for stopping by and mingling with the fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom