When will the Indiana Jones Stunt Show finally end?

DisneyFuture241

Original Poster
When will we finally see a Indy based thrill ride replace the popular could be ending stunt show spectacular???? Like 2010-2012???? Or maybe sooner than earlier???

Disneyfan1981

Won't happen anytime soon, if they wanted to replace the Stunt show with an actual ride one would have thought they'd have done it a while back to get the ride primed to take advantage of the new film's hype. Many people are asking for the Indy ride at DL to be transferred but with Dinosaur doing fine at AK that won't happen either. I'd look for the show at HS to get new things added from the new film before seeing it gutted and replaced.

Philo

I like the show - It's not something I'm desperate to see every time I go but it's certainly better than some other DHS attractions (*cough*Sounds Dangerous*cough*).

Don't think I would want an Indy themed ride either unless it's something original

whitemule28

If you remember Indy 4 hovered in purgatory for a long time as Lucas and Spielberg tore up script after script after script, took breaks to do other side projects, and the stars (Ford, Connery, Rhys-Davies, Allen) debated whether they were willing to chance ruining a great franchise, or in good enough shape to make a quality action-adventure movie. If my memory serves me correctly I can remember hearing rumors of Indy 4 as far back as 2002. So, there would be know way for Disney to be able to predict if the movie was even finally going to be made, nevermind be able to construct a quality and unique E-ticket attraction to coincide with the movie's release, assuming a 2 or 3 year conception to completion time.

Silvermist

We really like the Indy stunt show. It's not been updated in all the years it's been open as far as I know (?). They definitely need to add new elements to freshen it up and include the sequels but hopefully if the new film release is a success, they'll do this.

I think a movie studio themed park should definitely have a stunt show and we found the LMA show very boring. It just misses the mark for us. We had every age from 50 something to kids and males and females, including a race enthusiast and no one thought it was worth repeating.

If at some point they do decide to replace the Indy show with a ride, I hope they do something different from the Disneyland ride.

Disneyfan1981

Indy 4 took a long time to get done but it was greenlit completely a year ago, Lucas said he was going to do it definitely months before that. If Disney wanted to they could have begun the project then, you think that the Imagineers don't have rides sketched out or planned for that land having to do with Indy? If they really wanted to it could have begun building at that point, been building throughout the film's release year and had it open by the time of the DVD release. Most likely all the hulabaloo around the change from MGM Studios to Hollywood Studios took main focus from everything else

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am thinking right about the time that this happens.

signhell.jpg

Fun2BFree

You're forgetting that the show still packs in the people every time. While the show remains very popular, and while many other areas of DHS need more attention, the show won't be going anywhere anytime soon. ;)

Spyne

I honestly don't see the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular changing any time soon. It's unfortunate, because they could of tied it in to the new film coming out. But from the looks of it now, we'll be keeping the attraction as it is now.

paul436

I think a movie studio themed park should definitely have a stunt show and we found the LMA show very boring. It just misses the mark for us. We had every age from 50 something to kids and males and females, including a race enthusiast and no one thought it was worth repeating.

My sentiments exactly. I saw it and thought it was a bit boring and probably wouldn't see it again.

rileyspaw

It's a FASTPASS show at the STUDIOS and usually filled to 3/4's filled so the popularity remains. I can't see DISNEY dropping it in the near future.

PatsRule

I go to see Indy every time we go to WDW. It's packed all the time. One thing people tend to forget on this site is that not everyone goes to Disney every year or 2-3 times in a year. A lot of people go once every 10 years or once in a lifetime. Many of the enthusiasts on this site go to WDW often and, as a result, want to see change. Every year I go, I see first timers who love the show.

pacochran

My son still loves the show.

I like it (got to be in it twice now).

I think there are other area's that should be changed like Sounds Dangerously. That show was lame and I've never really seen a line there either. When we went last year for the first and only time it was practically empty, whereas Indiana Jones was pretty crowded.

Cynderella

I think that all they really need to do is maybe update it. It's only about the first movie and there were 3 total so they could always incorporate things from the other two movies. I personally love the show because I love Indiana Jones and I usually see it every time we go.

Its a pretty cool show but I wouldnt be sad to see it go..Everytime I think of it I think of the Fullhouse Disney episode when DJ kept seeing Steve everywhere and she yelled his name out and the whole audience got quite. I love that show. A dark ride would be nice though!

jsdratm

I saw it for the first time in October and thought it was great. I don't know why you want it removed. I agree that Sounds Dangerous should be replaced before Indy is even looked at. Star Tours could use work as well, that ride was pretty dated. But the Indy show is timeless and the films were great, plus it would be silly to remove it now that the film is coming out.

daguru

You have to also think of the other uses for the stage, doesn't Disney still use this as the primary performing area for the cheerleader and dance competitions that they do?

Now, while that may not see might that big of a deal to lose this for just those performances, but where else in the park(s) would they do it. I'm sure they rake in a hefty chunk of change during these weekends...

Cynderella

You have to also think of the other uses for the stage, doesn't Disney still use this as the primary performing area for the cheerleader and dance competitions that they do?

Now, while that may not see might that big of a deal to lose this for just those performances, but where else in the park(s) would they do it. I'm sure they rake in a hefty chunk of change during these weekends...

I wouldn't mind seeing the cheerleaders go instead...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom