When will the Disneyland Resort reopen?

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• Total voters

George Lucas on a Bench

How's that California Council of Economic Advisors thing going Bob?

I imagine the next meeting is going to be very frosty, once Governor Newsom and all those hardworking Sacramento bureaucrats return on July 6th from their 9 day paid vacation for the Independence Day weekend.

On the subject of that, I'm assuming Bob Senior has been in talks with the Governor's office since he's one of the Economic Task Force members. He also happens to be the Executive Chairman of TWDC. Go figure. I can't really believe that the Governor's office and the man himself hadn't been in talks with Bob Senior to develop reopening plans. It's a two way street. Obviously, the Governor was all for safely reopening businesses of late and I doubt he didn't personally communicate with Bob Senior regarding the opening. They had to be fairly confident submitting the reopening plans and publically announcing it.

dmeets

Unfortunately, if the Governor just re-closed bars over the weekend (OC dodged that bullet for now, but is on the verge of making it onto the state health department's watch list, if not there), I don't see theme guidance being issued anytime soon. He said no sooner than July 6th, but things seem to be moving backwards. I'd be surprised to see any theme park recommendations issued by the state until at least several weeks beyond that.

I suspect best case is right after Labor Day for Disneyland.

fctiger

Unfortunately, if the Governor just re-closed bars over the weekend (OC dodged that bullet for now, but is on the verge of making it onto the state health department's watch list, if not there), I don't see theme guidance being issued anytime soon. He said no sooner than July 6th, but things seem to be moving backwards. I'd be surprised to see any theme park recommendations issued by the state until at least several weeks beyond that.

I suspect best case is right after Labor Day for Disneyland.

I'm sort of in agreement there. It looks like things are moving backwards, not forwards. L.A. County sounds like it may get shut down again with the alarming rise of cases. I don't think the park will be open sooner than September now. Hope to be wrong.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I said if they open this year at all, It would be August. I said so in March, and I am sticking with it. If they do not open in August at all, then they will not open this year at all. period.

Stevek

Given today's announcement and recent trends, I'm definitely sticking with September-October. I can see them focusing an October Halloween time opening.

fctiger

I went from the end of June to the middle of July to early August lol. I was just hoping it could open at some point during the summer but the latest shut down has finally convinced me it will probably be in the fall now if that.

Even though I am one of the more strict people here about pushing for places to shut down longer I still thought it was crazy when people suggested the parks could be closed until 2021.

I still don't see that happening yet but I can't rule it out anymore either. :confused:

TheRealBobIger

Original Poster
It’s that time again friends! Orange County has just moved from Purple to Red on the state watch list. Meaning that the Disneyland Resort could announce reopening plans at any time now! It is now time to reopen up the polls. Tell me what you think!

cmwade77

It’s that time again friends! Orange County has just moved from Purple to Red on the state watch list. Meaning that the Disneyland Resort could announce reopening plans at any time now! It is now time to reopen up the polls. Tell me what you think!
You know as well as the rest of us that theme park guidelines haven't been released yet, you need to push Newsom to release them today at the latest....LOL

Old Mouseketeer

Announcement tomorrow. Opening October 9th

Color me skeptical. The conventional wisdom, as I understand it, is that it takes at least six week's lead time to ramp up to reopen. In addition, after six months a lot of CMs have lost their job knowledge and will have to refresh or retrain. I'm not saying it couldn't happen--I just think it's not likely. YMMV.

Emmanuel

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3.jpg

PostScott

I could believe that. Covid health guideline posters have been put up at the entrances to both DL and DCA so I would assume they'd only be doing that if the parks are going to open soon. Also the DL insta page basically teased us with a "reopening" type post saying that "When its time for you, we'll be ready".

Top Bottom