When will the Disneyland Resort reopen?

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• Total voters

SuddenStorm

It's been really frustrating as someone who has said this is mostly political for a long time, citing data and numbers and getting called a conspiracy theorist and worse, and now officials aren't even hiding it. You're seeing more and more "after the election" and "in November."

I'm really, really tired of people saying "How could you be so inconsiderate?" when I say everything should open, and I say "Because I know that... " and then read off the current numbers of the day and calculate what it means in the larger context, demonstrate how covid is way overblown, and then they just say they know someone who died and they're worried about their grandma and therefore nothing I just said matters.

While not a perfect comparison, if we started focusing on car accidents and deaths and injuries like we did Covid, we wouldn't drive at all. Imagine if in the news every day we saw "100 new car crashes in LA, 2 new deaths" etc. It'd be horrifying (not that car crashes aren't horrifying- but we've seemed to grow numb as a society to them and all still drive frequently.

Tamandua

Advertisement
While not a perfect comparison, if we started focusing on car accidents and deaths and injuries like we did Covid, we wouldn't drive at all. Imagine if in the news every day we saw "100 new car crashes in LA, 2 new deaths" etc. It'd be horrifying (not that car crashes aren't horrifying- but we've seemed to grow numb as a society to them and all still drive frequently.

Yes. Exactly. Life is full of risks. You take a risk every time you get into a car or go outside. So far, less than 0.06% of the population of our country has died from covid. If you say 192,000 people, it sounds bad, but if you measure it as a percentage of the population, it's extremely low. With the mortality rate likely under 0.2%, it's absolutely crazy that anything is shut down.

Darkbeer1

Heck, you can fie while laying in bed.

An earthquake, a fire, a plane crashing into your roof, etc.

Look at certain jobs. Minors for example, every one of them understood they might not exit the mine alive. Or shorten their life due to what they breathed.

Early man when they hunted understood it was eat or be eaten.

flutas

Heck, you can fie while laying in bed.

An earthquake, a fire, a plane crashing into your roof, etc.

Look at certain jobs. Minors for example, every one of them understood they might not exit the mine alive. Or shorten their life due to what they breathed.

Early man when they hunted understood it was eat or be eaten.

Ah yes, exactly what I think of when I imagine going to a theme park. "eat or be eaten"

SuddenStorm

1599881897818.jpeg

TP2000

If it was based on science, LA County should be able to open in two weeks. Not after the election.

It's not based on science. That's been clear for at least a few months in California. The all new Four-Tier Color-Coded system released to great fanfare by Governor Newsom in late August made that even more clear.

It's not based on science.

Yes...that’s, perplexing. Happy I live in a “blue” state that actually listens to science. Our amusement parks opened in June. Kids back in school. Still no bars.

That last part about the bars really stung. Which is why I'm staying at the old family beach house in San Diego County for now. Legoland may be closed, but bars are open here in this county, 504 miles south of Sacramento. 🍸

Let's be careful not to go down a rabbit hole here. Folks have already been warned, we need to focus on the parks opening and not getting into political discussions. Would be a shame if they just decide to lock the thread.

Agreed. But at this point whatever thread we create or launch for the eventual reopening of Disneyland will be heavily based in politics. Because reopening the California economy, including theme parks, is just pure politics at this point.

As the senior bureaucrats up in Los Angeles County have reminded us, just wait until "after the election" please. ;)

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
Remember on this board:

“Everybody is going to die!!!” = NOT political.

“Maybe everybody isn’t going to die.” = POLITICAL!!!

There is something between either stance. No, everyone is not going to die - it's likely that most people will not even get sick. But that doesn't mean that we can totally ignore those who do. And if wearing a mask, social distancing, and trying to limit our exposure to large crowds while easing back into normalcy slows the spread and keeps cases at a manageable level we should continue to do so. IMO, of course. When all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail - which means that I tend to look at things from a medical perspective. Others are looking from an employment perspective, a parent perspective, a young or old perspective, a personal experience perspective, etc. Your opinions will differ because of your different perspectives. But constantly expressing one or the other for months does not change anything, and only leads to arguments - or insults. And basing your argument on politics means that you are doing so in the wrong forum.

9. If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.

10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

Please remember the ToS - I have extended the courtesy of allowing your post(s) to remain so that you can be given an explanation as to why topics are moved, or why posts are deleted.

Mousertainment

Interestingly, the LA County Health Director was taped this week repeatedly stating to local public school authorities that Los Angeles County would remain under lockdown and in the most restrictive Purple Tier until "after the election".

“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving either to Tier 2 [of California’s reopening plan] or to reopening K-12 schools at least…until after the election, after, you know, in early November. If we just look at the timing of everything, it seems to us the most realistic approach to this would be to think that we’re gonna be where we are now until we are done with the elections.” - Barbara Ferrer, Los Angeles County Public Health Director

That tells us that Universal Studios at least will have to remain closed until after the election. Would the government let Disneyland open before then? Election Day is November 3rd this year.
Also coincidentally around the same time this was stated, Universal Hollywood reportedly laid off some team members and Knotts extended their food festival to Nov. 1. Huh.

Still hoping we get SOME Halloween park time at DL/DCA even if just a food and shopping festival. I love Halloween Time food! But I'll admit my hope is growing dimmer by the day. :/

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I see this place is just as joyless and surly as since the DLR was abruptly shut down 6 months ago. Might as well prohibit the Disney people and turn it into a grocery store coupon trading forum.
Anyone able to find Clorox wipes? Haven’t seen any since I bought 10 tubes in March! I saw some in Florida in August, which surprised me since they were in the middle of their plague, but didn’t grab them because we were too excited to get to the ocean and didn’t have carryon space. Rookie move.

mickEblu

Well I certainly haven't minded wearing the masks for the past week to avoid breathing in all of the ashes while pretty much all of California burns. Did we always have a FIRE season? I don't remember this when I was kid.

Curious Constance

Well I certainly haven't minded wearing the masks for the past week to avoid breathing in all of the ashes while pretty much all of California burns. Did we always have a FIRE season? I don't remember this when I was kid.
It sucks, doesn’t it? Oregon is all on fire too. About 15 miles from me there is a wildfire burning since Monday night at zero percent containment. Our air quality is over 600 right now as I type this. We may get some rain next week, so I’m hoping we get some relief from that. Good luck to you guys down there. :(

Top Bottom