When will the Disneyland Resort reopen?

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• Total voters

TheRealBobIger

Original Poster
Since our friends at Walt Disney World announced there plans to reopen up their parks on July 11th and 15th, respectively. When do you think OUR parks will reopen?

I am going to say July 17th since I have heard that day is a special day around here!

Captain Sweatpants

Premium Member
Advertisement
Since our friends at Walt Disney World announced there plans to reopen up their parks on July 11th and 15th, respectively. When do you think OUR parks will reopen?

I am going to say July 17th since I have heard that day is a special day around here!
Don't you know yourself ? Or are you letting @realBobChapek have a little bit of responsibility ?

TheRealBobIger

Original Poster
Don't you know yourself ? Or are you letting @realBobChapek have a little bit of responsibility ?

I'm taking the training wheels off of @realBobChapek. This is all his decision!

But I've been told by him back in March that I will get a private tour of Pixar Pier and a private ride on "Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind" with him before we reopen so I am looking forward to that!

Darkbeer1

THE Important date is July 18th.. Hopefully the parks will be open to celebrate it.

TheRealBobIger

Original Poster
THE Important date is July 18th.. Hopefully the parks will be open to celebrate it.

I always forget July 18th we always remember "Black Sunday". I'm with you Darkbeer hopefully the parks are open to celebrate both of those days!

Mousertainment

There was another thread around here where we all picked dates a while ago. Back then I picked July 1st for APs only and July 17th for a grand reopening to the public. Given the WDW dates just announced, I don't see DL opening before WDW, so I guess I'll stick with that secondary date July 17th!

Darkbeer1

There was another thread around here where we all picked dates a while ago. Back then I picked July 1st for APs only and July 17th for a grand reopening to the public. Given the WDW dates just announced, I don't see DL opening before WDW, so I guess I'll stick with that secondary date July 17th!

Why? A lot less to do in Anaheim compared to Florida.

Mousertainment

Why? A lot less to do in Anaheim compared to Florida.
Sorry, are you asking why I think DL will open after WDW rather than before? Because I think they're using the East Coast to test procedures first (ala Disney Springs). Would be quite happy to see everything open here sooner, but since that would be ambitious here and they're being cautious (opting for July rather than June) in Orlando, I expect they'll be cautious rather than ambitious here, too.

TP2000

Given the WDW dates just announced, I don't see DL opening before WDW, so I guess I'll stick with that secondary date July 17th!

You think Disneyland is going to open six days after Disney World opens on July 11th?

I don't think that will happen. In the previous poll I picked 2021 for Disneyland's reopening, but in this poll I picked September-December because the political winds are blowing harder and harder up in Sacramento and Governor Newsom is pushing his "science and hard data" forward in time much faster than he was just three weeks ago.

I think summer 2020 is almost a goner for Disneyland, but I could see an autumn reopening timeframe now.

Mousertainment

You think Disneyland is going to open six days after Disney World opens on July 11th?

I don't think that will happen. In the previous poll I picked 2021 for Disneyland's reopening, but in this poll I picked September-December because the political winds are blowing harder and harder up in Sacramento and Governor Newsom is pushing his "science and hard data" forward in time much faster than he was just three weeks ago.

I think summer 2020 is almost a goner for Disneyland, but I could see an autumn reopening timeframe now.
Unless things change in SoCal for the worse in terms of hospitalizations/deaths, I think DL would look quite the outlier staying closed that long. I know you like to play the "but this is what the CA government says" game, but I also don't buy for a second that you actually believe that what they say today is what will happen next week as you are well aware "what the CA government says" changes daily. You're a realist with an optimist's heart playing the cynic. ;)

That said, I'm actually a little concerned for that date due to the WDW dates, but I think by the time they open WDW will have had CM and AP previews that will give them a better sense of how this will all work. And I think that date is VERY important for optics to be open/hold a 'grand reopening' for the DLR. So I really hope they can make it. But I could see early August happening if things don't continue to speed open as they have been announced in SoCal all of a sudden this past week or so 'because science! and data!' (And unemployment extended benefits run out July 31.)

If my crystal ball worked, I'd say Disney mall stores reopen in June, WDW as noted in July, DTD in early July in time for July 4th sales at WOD, and DL by July 17th. I think that would be #goals.

TP2000

Unless things change in SoCal for the worse in terms of hospitalizations/deaths, I think DL would look quite the outlier staying closed that long. I know you like to play the "but this is what the CA government says" game, but I also don't buy for a second that you actually believe that what they say today is what will happen next week as you are well aware "what the CA government says" changes daily. You're a realist with an optimist's heart playing the cynic. ;)

You get me! You really, truly get me! :D

TP2000

I can't wait! After that may I join you and @Nunu at Club 33 again?

There's a whole other issue. Can you imagine the mess and contractual headaches this closure has caused for Club 33 members? Do they get a rebate check? A pro-rated dues bill next year? Two free cocktails and a tapas plate at 1901?

What a mess, especially when you realize how high maintenance most Club 33 members are.

Mousertainment

I love that. I'm very glad to have you as part of the conversation!
Thank you. That means a lot. :)

1590621096178.png

Curious Constance

Do you think it would help if I came on as a guest speaker in your morning meeting tomorrow?

Top Bottom