When will the Disneyland Resort reopen? (2021 Version)

What month (or day) will the Disneyland Resort reopen

• April-May 2021

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • June 2021

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • July 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • July 17, 2021 (Bonus points if you pick this one)

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • August-September 2021

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • October-December 2021

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Why wouldn’t most of the staff come back? There haven’t been many businesses hiring over the last year so I‘d guess a ton of them are sitting at home collecting unemployment waiting for Disney to call.

My employer closed last February and we are reopening on the 25th, over 90% of our 1500+ employees reported back.
Because they had to get new jobs so they don't go broke or starve

TP2000

My employer closed last February and we are reopening on the 25th, over 90% of our 1500+ employees reported back.

Just out of curiosity, what is the average wage of the 1,500 employees who are returning? I don't need specific dollar amounts, just ranges.

Were they at or slightly above the state minimum wage, as in California where most Disneyland ride operators make $15 to $17 an hour on a state minimum wage of $14? Or were they $5 or more above the state minimum wage? $10 above the minimum wage?

SuddenStorm

Honestly you should go just for animal kingdom. I think its so unique and needs to be seen at least once.

Yep, if I went I'd probably plan on one or two days at MK, a day at AK, a day at Epcot and would probably skip Hollywood Studios since just about every major ride there is at Disneyland... though I wouldn't mind checking out Mickey's Runaway Railway.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I hope you are right.

My skepticism on Mr. Potrock probably stems from the fact we keep talking about Mr. Storbeck over at Knott's who has been running circles around TDA by creating three different parkwide food festivals in the last 9 months, while TDA wades through thigh-high red tape and gets nothing done.

The fact remains that Mr. Potrock has no personal experience with theme parks, and no one in Anaheim had ever heard of him before he was announced to replace whats-her-name that was in that job for about six months before she left for Cable TV+ or whatever it is.

I honestly do wish Mr. Potrock well. And again, he may turn out to be the next Matt Ouimet once the parks actually get open and we can see his handiwork first hand. It's just, until then, we don't really know how he's going to do in this new gig. For the sake of Disneyland, I hope he's more Matt Ouimet than he is Ed Grier or Cynthia Harriss.
Storbeck has done an amazing job at Knotts. #nothingbutrespectthere

Do I expect Ken to be the next Matt? Probably not. But who knew Josh would turn out to be so... Josh-y? lol

My only point is that while no, he's not a parks guy, he's not the TV lady either. He has an extensive background in creating experiences for guests. Will that serve him at parks? Probably. Is he ultimately just another lieutenant to Bob C? Well, yeah, isn't everyone?

So I simply maintain he's got more backgound in this area than you give him credit for and that's certainly more than his immediate predecessor had. Beyond that, we'll just have to wait and see...

TP2000

So I simply maintain he's got more backgound in this area than you give him credit for and that's certainly more than his immediate predecessor had. Beyond that, we'll just have to wait and see...

You're right. He does deserve credit for having some background in operations that involve customers and a dash of showmanship. And he could turn out to be the next Josh, after all Josh gave him this job. :)

I guess my bigger, longer term fear is not the particular President Du Jour, it's that TDA has become such a revolving door in the last few years. Michael Colglazier to Josh Damaro to whats-her-name to now Mr. Potrock. It's not a good look for TDA.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You're right. He has some background in operations that involve customers and a dash of showmanship. And he could turn out to be the next Josh, after all Josh gave him this job. :)

I guess my bigger, longer term fear is not the particular President Du Jour, it's that TDA has become such a revolving door in the last few years. Michael Colglazier to Josh Damaro to whats-her-name to now Mr. Potrock. It's not a good look for TDA.
They should hire me. My first order of business would be to restore Pirates of the Caribbean to its original glory including full restoration of the original Red Head Scene with the Paul Frees auctioneer back. No more movie tie ins and no more pc crap! then I would effective immediately cancel the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain overlays. Those would be my top 3 priorities with many more to come I promise. #MAKEDISNEYLANDGREATAGAIN

TP2000

They should hire me. My first order of business would be to restore Pirates of the Caribbean to its original glory. No more movie tie ins and no more pc crap! then I would effective immediately cancel the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain overlays. Those would be my top 3 priorities with many more to come I promise. #MAKEDISNEYLANDGREATAGAIN

Launch your campaign from the front steps of Captain Kidd's Buffet, and you might have something there. ;)

TP2000

Back to reopening and my July 17th guesstimate...

That's roughly 120 days from now. I think they'll need about 60 days to restaff and retrain a base level of CM's to open with all E Tickets and some D/C Tickets open. (Assuming Governor Newsom reverses his decision on things like not using indoor queues or forbidding rides where a mask may blow off).

It feels like we'd need to get some concrete news and official reversals from Sacramento within the next 30 days, then a final green light to begin reopening 30 days after that, to make the July 17th date. Or is that just me? 🧐

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Back to reopening and my July 17th guesstimate...

That's roughly 120 days from now. I think they'll need about 60 days to restaff and retrain a base level of CM's to open with all E Tickets and some D/C Tickets open. (Assuming Governor Newsom reverses his decision on things like not using indoor queues or forbidding rides where a mask may blow off).

It feels like we'd need to get some concrete news and official reversals from Sacramento within the next 30 days, then a final green light to begin reopening 30 days after that, to make the July 17th date. Or is that just me? 🧐
August

Little Green Men

Honestly you should go just for animal kingdom. I think its so unique and needs to be seen at least once.
That’s a big misconception, there are lots of things at WDW absolutely worth seeing. At MK the old classics that are no longer at DL like the People mover, Carousel of Progress, correctly placed Astro Oribtor, Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bears. Better Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, and arguably Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Plus unique stuff like Hall of Presidents, and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Epcot has all of World Showcase, Spaceship Earth, The Land, and Seas. Plus Disney Springs, the water parks, and the different resorts to experience. DHS still has Rockin Rollercoaster, Slinky Dog Dash, and the original Tower of Terror plus unique restaurants like Sci Fi Drive in, and 50s Prime time cafe worth seeing.

George Lucas on a Bench

Animal Kingdom is a boring half-day Busch Gardens with a neon dinosaur ride and Avatar. It's massively overrated. Is it all purple haired Millennials pushing this ridiculous AK lovefest. "It's just so incredible. It needs to be experienced. It's clearly the greatest Disney park. Just a mahvel of Imaginearing."

Little Green Men

Animal Kingdom is a boring half-day Busch Gardens with a neon dinosaur ride and Avatar. It's massively overrated.
F398C7B9-835E-4CF6-9BF5-1CAE4AC8408C.gif

the_rich

That’s a big misconception, there are lots of things at WDW absolutely worth seeing. At MK the old classics that are no longer at DL like the People mover, Carousel of Progress, correctly placed Astro Oribtor, Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bears. Better Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, and arguably Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Plus unique stuff like Hall of Presidents, and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Epcot has all of World Showcase, Spaceship Earth, The Land, and Seas. Plus Disney Springs, the water parks, and the different resorts to experience. DHS still has Rockin Rollercoaster, Slinky Dog Dash, and the original Tower of Terror plus unique restaurants like Sci Fi Drive in, and 50s Prime time cafe worth seeing.
I didn't mean it like that. I meant AK alone was enough of a reason to go. Not taking away from everything else you mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom