When will I arrive in WDW?

Ohana-Means-Family

Original Poster
Hi there guys ! hoping someone might be able to give me a little idea...

Our first cruise will be ending on a Friday at port Canaveral. I've booked ground transfers from port Canaveral to our hotel in WDW (Animal kingdom lodge) through Disney directly.

According to our itinterary - all ashore is at 07:30am, I assume that people are left off in batches etc and 7:30am is the earliest. I'm not sure how debarking works really, so if we get a say in it, getting some breakfast before we debark is ideal?

Anyway, my actual question is - what time should I expect, roughly, to be in WDW for? I can see on google maps it's about an hours drive, but still have NO idea what time to expect to arrive - and I'm trying to plan meals and afternoon plans accordingly!

lostpro9het

While 07:30 is the earliest if you choose to do breakfast in one of the dining rooms you probably wont be getting off til a little bit later. When you disembark will also depend on what your bus departure time is. The buses run all morning but you'll be given a time to board. From our experience we've never arrived at WDW later than 11:00 but we've also always been on a 09:00 bus. Something else to consider is the bus route you're on. You may have to make 2-3 stops at other resorts before you actually get to your resort. Lots of factors but you can plan on being in the bubble around lunch time. If you want to play it safe then I'd say a 12:45ish ADR for lunch.

Ohana-Means-Family

Original Poster
While 07:30 is the earliest if you choose to do breakfast in one of the dining rooms you probably wont be getting off til a little bit later. When you disembark will also depend on what your bus departure time is. The buses run all morning but you'll be given a time to board. From our experience we've never arrived at WDW later than 11:00 but we've also always been on a 09:00 bus. Something else to consider is the bus route you're on. You may have to make 2-3 stops at other resorts before you actually get to your resort. Lots of factors but you can plan on being in the bubble around lunch time. If you want to play it safe then I'd say a 12:45ish ADR for lunch.

Ah, great to know! thanks @lostpro9het ! I didn't realise they would give me a bus departure time, so that's good to know. We were hoping to arrive at the resort and head out to the outlets + publix/walmart/target or similar for supplies, then planning a QS Dinner (Blaze pizza 🍕😋) that night and wanted to make sure we would actually have enough time to go from Cruise > AKL > Outlets > AKL Check in& Go to the room >Blaze - so sounds like this is completely do-able :) Thank you!

ChuckElias

Something else to consider is the bus route you're on. You may have to make 2-3 stops at other resorts before you actually get to your resort.
I've never done the transfers from the port, so I may be way off base. But I thought the Deluxe Resorts got "priority" drop-offs. Am I wrong about that?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
When you’re on a bus headed to 3 deluxe resorts, someone is waiting.

QFT. After my very first Disney cruise, our bus stopped at Animal Kingdom Lodge after dropping us at Boardwalk. That was an odd combination of stops.

As for the original question, we arrived before noon. I don't recall how much before, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom