• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

When will Galaxys Edge have Fast Pass?

drizgirl

Advertisement
I don’t create the rules. I just play by them. And I always book at the 60 day mark and I have never even come close to getting shut out. Is what it is.

Oh, and not sure exactly who the “average guest” is that you’re referring to, lol!
Not everybody has a schedule that allows them to book 60 days out. Not everybody gets to visit long enough to get the hard to get FPs later in their trip. Not everybody finds tier one FPs same day for the (many) attractions they were tiered out of scheduling in advance.

JusticeDisney

Premium Member
Not everybody has a schedule that allows them to book 60 days out. Not everybody gets to visit long enough to get the hard to get FPs later in their trip. Not everybody finds tier one FPs same day for the (many) attractions they were tiered out of scheduling in advance.
🤷🏻‍♂️

erasure fan1

And since they added FP to everything they could, it happens more and more often. Your wait might be shorter than before on the headliners you get a FP for, but then the smaller rides that used to have short waits now have much longer waits.
I think this is overlooked the most from the "fastpass is the greatest and has no flaws" crowd. Until fastpass was installed on rides like spaceship earth, pirates, haunted mansion... you rarely waited more than 15/20 min. Every trip we've taken since, it's rarely under 35/40 min. Never in my almost 40yrs of going to the parks was pirates 60min. (Except breakdowns) every trip since fastpass was installed, it has hit that number multiple times per trip.

Surfin' Tuna

Honestly, the fact that Disney chose to not open SWGE with Fastpass, because they were anticipating massive crowds for it, is all the proof you need that it makes standby wait times longer than they otherwise would be.
I would say this does offer some proof. Oh wait, does that make me a troll to agree?

On a related note, am I the only one who has noticed how much faster people are making it to "ignore" lately?

Not that anyone asked for my opinion, but I think that the truth is somewhere in between. There's a lot to like about fastpass+. For locals, it guarantees that the trip out will yield something. For 60 day-ers, it allows a leg up on the locals on some of the top rides. This debate about whether it's better or worse is kind of nuts. It just changes how capacity is used. It's to your benefit when you have a FP, and it may negatively impact you when you don't (if everyone else does and makes it a 2 hr wait). For the vast majority of guests, I think the times of having outweigh the not having and it's a net-positive.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

When

No offense but I was far from dismissive and/or rude. I started this thread by asking a simple question and all the locals went ballistic saying how bad fast pass was because their wait times went up vs the 60 day booking people toward me.
That'a not what happened at all. someone said "no" they would not want fastpass and you started in saying "why wouldn't you want a shorter wait" then they went on and explained how its not a shorter wait and how the system actually works and you pretty much belittled that opinion and condenscendingly acted like you knew better when it appears you have no idea what you are talking about.

JusticeDisney

Premium Member
Last time I was in Animal Kingdom, I rode Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari and Flight of Passage with a combined total wait time of about 35 minutes.

Long live fastpasses!!!

Demarke

Last time I was in Animal Kingdom, I rode Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari and Flight of Passage with a combined total wait time of about 35 minutes.

Long live fastpasses!!!
Justice, obviously we are on opposite sides of all this, but I will admit (devil’s advocate, and no hard feelings to you or the other FP proponents by the way, I like them too vs current standby times, but like them a whole lot less vs non-FP standby times that are unaffected by people feeling like they have to book a certain ride when they can get it or skip things they like nearby their location because they can only get a FP for something way across the park), sometimes it works thoroughly great for me. But that’s entirely because i’ve been enough in the last two years to know exactly what I’m doing (I had no idea what i was doing even staying at POFQ in 2016, but even though now I’m the exception that works every bit of the system to my advantage, even I would prefer a consistent, lower wait standby line to the slight benefits of FP after having to rearrange trips and walk many extra miles to make it work for me).

Example, this April I didn’t even have a fastpass at AK til 11:30 for Dinosaur, but rope dropped early enough to ride the wave that is getting first ride on FoP, which means you can go to Navi with 10 or less minute wait, then go Safari with little to no wait and see the animals stirring in the morning (great time to do so by the way), then literally did 16 single rider rides on Everest before getting to Dinosaur around 12:20 (I will be happy to post the pictures in a trip thread if anyone cares to see them, I did ride 17 later in honor of 17 rows on the Everest train right after Dinosaur). All of that (except for Dinosaur which I will not ride without FP ironically because of fastpass) was without fastpass. But after all that and a FP at Kali you’ve done the entire park by the end of lunchtime (excepting the shows which have no need for FP anyway).

As much as I loved the efficiency of that or love when I get a bunch of early quality fast passes for long-wait rides, I absolutely hate the standby lines for other rides I love that don’t often make my top three, like Dinosaur or Thunder Mountain or Frozen, or Pirates or (even worse) the regularly non-moving, hot, and wildly changing standby times of Jungle Cruise and won’t do them now unless I have FP Also, despite getting a ton done at Animal Kingdom, even that day, I had ridden 20+ rides (mostly Everest) by 1:00ish and what am I going to do, a) go to Hollywood Studios where I won’t likely get a FP for ToT, Slinky, RRC, or even A.S.S. and stand in long lines, b) go to Epcot where I can get rides I don’t need a FP for (at best maybe a Soarin will come up with refreshes on most days) but otherwise stand in long lines for even the vomit comet ride, or c) go to Magic Kingdom and chase random FPs back and forth for anything except the four mountain rides, or Peter Pan?

Plus, even 60 days out (which I just booked 60 day FPs for early November at the very crack of 7am), what are you doing day 1-2? Just not going on the top rides I imagine. Day 3? Doing a pool day til 5pm when you can finally get a Frozen FP? Day 4? Another pool day til you can get to the 5pm Slinky or FoP fast pass? Even though I do 2-3 5 day trips a year currently, I still don’t book the “big 4” unless it’s day 4-5 because I don’t want to waste an entire day of mid grade fast passes to get those and will just rope drop or wait til close instead. Not the best system even for a 60 day FP booker.

Sometimes it works great, I have lucked out with same day passes to the top rides at each park, but rarely are they near when you are there for them, so you are still faced with filling up a couple of hours in line for something you might not otherwise do to get to them, which is wasting your time and everyone else’s.

[Edit: the point of my rant is that, even if you have a long enough trip to get the top ride at each park 4, 5, or more days +60, you are still limited to three guaranteed experiences you have any control over, and these can be good at MK, decent at AK, but with the tier system at Epcot and HS, you are severely disadvantaged on any decently attended day to get through any other tier ones in a decent time because of fastpass]

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Local here, and by local I mean I see the fireworks from my house every night...we do not REALLY care about the 60 day window. Because we either 1) will get a room eventually if there's something going on or 2) can just...go...when you're not here. Dorian spooked so many people out of the park we got into Savi's. Twice. Had almost no wait anywhere. And each park I went to was mostly local. I don't need a 60 day window I just need to look at the forecast.
Furthermore, I can critique a system that creates a false sense of scarcity and value without having "you're just mad about what you cant get" because...I can get it, but I really...don't need it. The fastpass system creates excessive lines. The lines aren't shorter during EMH or MNSSHP because "there's less people." Everyone it seems, has been complaining about how crowded parties are. The lines move faster because there are no FPs. That's all. No big mystery.
While I fully agree with you on FP making lines longer, that is an oversimplification of the parties. Many people, on this and other boards, say they wouldn't waste valuable party time on rides they can take on park days. People like to do the party stuff at the party, and meet special characters, and a higher percentage of guests see the parade and fireworks than a typical night at MK. While no FP makes a big difference, it is not the only factor at the party making lines short.

Jon81uk

You left out my choice which is why you are missing the whole point. I would select a fastpass and wait no more than 15 or 20 mins to get on the ride.
Except as I stated if you came into the park in the afternoon and all fastpass return times had been distributed, that’s not an option to you. If there are no FP are available you can’t have one. We had this situation for Radiator Springs Racers at DCA and we waited over two hours in standby as FP was not available and we wouldn’t have been able to ride otherwise. Whereas currently with the Millennium Falcon there is a fast moving standby line as the only option.

dreamfinder912

While I fully agree with you on FP making lines longer, that is an oversimplification of the parties. Many people, on this and other boards, say they wouldn't waste valuable party time on rides they can take on park days. People like to do the party stuff at the party, and meet special characters, and a higher percentage of guests see the parade and fireworks than a typical night at MK. While no FP makes a big difference, it is not the only factor at the party making lines short.
Oh you're right about that, the priorities are different. But let's say during the day the time for space mountain says 60 minutes. The physical line might be all the way into the building, and down that first set of stairs. But at a Halloween party the line can be 30 minutes long and stick all the way out the building. The amount of time a person spends standing in the exact same spot due to people with FPs just isn't there at a party. So while interest definitely determines how many people physically line up, the presence or lack of FPs determines how long that person stands in the same spot.

Top Bottom