When will Disney finally...

mousehockey37

Original Poster
use Lady Gaga as one of their female singing voices?

She's got the talent to cover many different genres of music and she's real. Not this autotune, lip-sync stuff we see so much of anymore.

She'd be a perfect voice for a singing role in an animated film or even as someone to look to in a live action movie perhaps?

She'd at least be better than the musical acts we saw in the Frozen Christmas Special with some parade footage for something live/taped (Christmas parade/special/whatever it is this year).

Thoughts?

rob0519

It's all about image and money. At this point in her career, she doesn't need Disney and Disney doesn't need her. They've always found phenomenal singers for their movies at a fraction of what Gaga gets per show.

wdwstateofmind

Unless they are being paid to do it, a la Tony Bennett, no one has much positive to say about her now-a-days...

...and rumor has it he was paid huge sums of money just to promote her image since it's become a bit tarnished...

kap91

Disney tends to go with more Broadway influenced people. If gaga decides to go with this more natural singing approach then perhaps in the distant future they will. Currently she's far to far in the pop scene. Expect her to voice a character in Madagascar 5

copcarguyp71

And exactly how did/does Ariana Grande have a Disney image? She did some Nickelodeon stuff, but she's not a Disney image either IMO.

And where exactly is she currently in Disney??? Pretty much nowhere. You do not see anything having to do with her in the parks or in soundtracks so apples-to-apples she is on the outs as well. It all has to do with image. I am not knocking either one of their talents but I am thankful that Disney parks have decided to stand their ground in a way that ABC "Family" has not.

matt9112

I could see her as a voice...do some songs but no performances or anything as gaga...but some lyrics and such sure.

Otterhead

Given that Lady Gaga has already done her own holiday special with Disney's Muppets, done guest voices for several Disney cartoons, and did songs for Gnomeo & Juliet, I don't think Disney has any issue with a classy singer with a few tattoos :)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
use Lady Gaga as one of their female singing voices?
200.gif

PrincessNelly_NJ

Before the Oscars, I would have completely thought you were crazy but man she surprised me. Almost bought tears to my eyes. I would love to hear her sing some of the songs from Mary Poppins

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Before the Oscars, I would have completely thought you were crazy but man she surprised me. Almost bought tears to my eyes. I would love to hear her sing some of the songs from Mary Poppins

It just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. Yes, she's going on American Horror Story, yes, she has a different tastes, but when it comes down to it... She can sing and she can sing in many different genres and she does it WITHOUT autotune. Her stuff with Tony Bennett is great and then to hear her Sound of Music stuff, chills. You didn't expect to hear what you did because of what she's done in the past.

Otterhead

I'm baffled as to why people think she's "complete trash" or "unfit for Disney" (which is hilarious, since Disney's been using her for stuff for years). Is it because she has tattoos?

Matt_Black

Disney has gone with a lot of people you'd never think would be in a Disney film. Patton Oswalt cusses like a sailor, and he's done Ratatouille and Doc McStuffins. The Rock became a superstar by threatening to put items up someone's nether regions, and he's going to be in Moana. Sarah Silverman is a VERY edgy comedian, and she was in Wreck-It Ralph. Image, shmimage. They go for talent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom