When was your first visit to Disney World?

mickey2008.1

sometime in 1972. I was one and a half. Dont remember anything, except for the fact that my grandpa said i crapped my pants the whole way in a station wagon.:shrug:

mickeysbrother

I was roughly 3 years old back in 1986. I dont remember at all but as i got older around 5 i remember every single time i have gone. Im now 27 and have been a total of 41 times. Its an amazing place and cant wait to bring my 5 year old daughter for her first time around august 2011 :)

December of 1974. I was 11. We left Maine the day after Christmas, and stayed at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Campground. I think our very first day at The Magic Kingdom was Dec. 31st, but I will have to check(I still have the parking tickets from every day we went to MK from all of the visits when I was a kid!) I was hooked from the first moment I walked on to Main Street! I can remember watching the MK fireworks from the shore of the lake the campground was on.

gullyf

Opening day in October 1971, as part of the opening day band. I was 14 at the time. They gave us like 5 books of tickets for participating and the hats we wore. Still have the hat...

jato4x4

I was told I was taken in 85, but my first memory is during the 15 year anniversary which was 86 and I was like 3 1/2 or 4 I don't remember much, but I remember the WedWay and the Speedway. I still have my big 15 year pin. It was great for a while my grandparents worked there part time so I got to go quite often. After that my parents would take my sister and I out of school for a week every January until I graduated high school.

My first trip was in the summer of '72. I was 2 years old and I have very faint memories of riding the tea cups and very distinct memories of crying my eyes out on 20,000 Leagues.

timeman

My first time was in December 1973 and I was 7. I remember riding the monorail and loving 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Figments Friend

-

Great thread!

My first trip...i beleive it was in the late 70s or very early 80s before EPCOT Center opened. I say this, as i clearly remember seeing the famous 'Mickey Mouse Revue' Animatronic Show at the MK and this was closed by 1982. That show made a impression on me at a early age and it is one of my earliest memories of the place.

I definately went in July of 82' for my first 'really aware' trip. I had moved to FL at this point and my Mom had been wanting to take me to WDW as she felt it was something i would enjoy. EPCOT had now opened, and i was 11 and took in every sight, sound, and experience into my pores. I soaked it up like a sponge! I was completely blown away. Almost all of the major memories are associated with EPCOT and many of them left positively permanent marks on me. :)

After that, i visited a few more times before moving to the North East. After a short gap i began visiting again regularly, starting with the Summer of 85', then December of 89' to experience the then-new Disney/MGM Studios. Starting in 2000, it has now returned to a yearly 'pilgrimidge'.

EPCOT will always be my 'second home'.

August of 1974, I was 10....I can still remember how hot it was and the fact that I will NEVER go again in a summer month. Just the Magic Kingdom back then folks.

popsicletrees

Sometime in the summer of 1987 was my first trip. I wasn't even a year old yet. Obviously I have no memory of that trip, but from the pictures I could tell that I was one burning up, fat little baby. I've been back just about every year since.

Of course, you could count the time when my mom was 7 months pregnant with me during the summer of 1986. I have no idea what possessed her to go to WDW then.

DCALovinWDW

Sept 1991...I was 15 and my Grandparents went with us. Eveytime I walk into Magic Kingdom it takes me back to my first visit with them. My first ride was Peter Pan's Flight. I remember the park was empty but super HOT our entire week and we never waited for a single attraction. I wanted to ride PoTc and 20,000 Leagues but they were closed the entire week we were there for referb. Did 20,000 Leagues close in 1991 or did it reopen for a little while after that?

LilSuzy

When I was a Disney Cast member 2/1998. I had been working for Disney for almost a year and realized that I can get into the parks for FREE! I was 21 years young :ROFLOL:

I had always wanted to go as a child but I could never convince my parents to do anything on vacation but go camping. I even went so far as to order the vacation VHS and plan a trip to show how cheap it could be. I swore that no matter what my honeymoon would be at WDW and in June 2002 I finally made it there. We will be returning to WDW this September after a LONG 3 year hiatus to take our 2 year old for his first visit. The ironic part is my parents will be coming with us. I guess grandchild trumps child :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom