when to purchase tickets

PigletIsMyCat

i currently have a room only reservation with a friends & family discount. i'm planning on purchasing tickets from either AAA or undercover tourist. i'm guessing once i purchase them, i can link them to my reservation - correct? how soon should i purchase them? i have a 40% discount on a moderate room; i don't think i'm going to get a better package price if/when fall general public discounts come out. (if anyone else thinks i might - let me know! it's been a looooong time since i booked a disney vacay.)

Weather_Lady

Yes, you can link the tickets as soon as you get them. I'd recommend getting them over 60 days out so you can make your FP+ reservations as soon as they become available.

Also, a 40% discount sounds excellent to me and I doubt you can "do better" later. If you're concerned about it, take a look at the historical discount information on Mousesavers. It should give you an idea of what other deals might come out before your travel dates.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Personally, I dont think there is a huge difference between AAA and UT, especially seeing you will need to pay for shipping from UT but could pick them up at the AAA office. Here in CT, it was cheaper to just pick them up.

But as Weather_Lady said above, I'd look around but I doubt 40% can be matched anywhere. MouseSavers is a worth the read tho

Upvote 0

JohnD

Purchase them from whereever you feel you can get the best rates. Regardless, you should be e-mailed "e-certificates" from DisneyDestinations in PDF format (they'll have Captain Hook on them). You can input those into MDE immediately, even if you need to pick up the actual tix at Guest Relations Will Call upon arrival.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
thanks y'all! :) this is the first time i'm planning with a tight budget - our last trip couple of trips i was given a workable budget and i booked packages and whatnot according to that budget. this year i'm trying to figure out what we can afford based on saving money here and there. so far i'm doing well - my most recent discovery was distripplanner site where i can put in the places we'd eat and it breaks down if the ddp is worth it (it isn't at full price).

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

Personally, I dont think there is a huge difference between AAA and UT, especially seeing you will need to pay for shipping from UT but could pick them up at the AAA office. Here in CT, it was cheaper to just pick them up.
Undercover Tourist has a shipping option at “NO CHARGE”. I live in California, use this option and receive my tickets in around 5 working days

Upvote 0

wendysue

We also use Undercover Tourist. Besides the free shipping, they have a return policy with no questions asked for a quick refund if something unexpected should happen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom