When this Girl Meets World.... (Reboot announce for TDC)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
...GIRL MEETS WORLD! Wanderin' down this road we call liffeeee! Here comes a proper show for The Disney Channel. Danielle Fishel has high hopes and the original producer back on board. Could this be the show be what finally brings DECENT TV back to TDC?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...r-danielle-fishel-ben-savage/?intcmp=features

NEW YORK – Nineties fans rejoice! Cory and Topanga are back.

Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have officially signed on for the “Boy Meets World” reboot, “Girl Meets World.”

When “Boy Meets World” ended in 2000, newlyweds Cory and Topanga were headed to New York City after college. Now, the sequel series picks up years later and focuses on the pair’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley Matthews, who has yet to be cast.

Savage confirmed he will be reprising his beloved 90s character on his Twitter account.
Ben Savage
@BenSavage
I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least. The "Boy Meets World" sequel is officially happening!
26 Nov 12
  • Retweet
  • Favorite

Fishel, posted a blog on her Tumblr about the news, explaining that the fans of the original show helped finalize the sequel series with their enthusiasm once rumors of “Girl Meets World” began swirling.

“First of all, let me say that you, the fans of 'Boy Meets World,' have been awesome,” she wrote. “You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that 'Girl Meets World' WILL BE MADE.”

A rep for Disney Channel confirmed the news to FOX 411 and said the show is still in development.

"The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs, Emmy Award-winning creator/producer behind ‘Boy Meets World,’ ‘My Two Dads’ and ‘Charles In Charge,’ among others."

So now that the show has locked in the original stars and producer, fans may be wondering who else will return for the reboot. Fishel addressed that question in her blog, but admitted even she is not sure who else will want in on the new series.

“I do not know how many BMW cast members will be returning for GMW, or how often they may appear if and/or when they do appear,” she wrote.

Still, she assured fans the show would have the same “honesty, innocence, and intelligence” that “Boy Meets World” became known for.

“It will have familiar faces, familiar themes, and familiar messages. It will also have new faces, new themes, and new messages,” she wrote. “For those of you who knew and loved BMW, please allow this show to evolve as well. Stick with us. Give us a chance.”

Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/11/27/boy-meets-world-reboot-girl-meets-world-to-star-danielle-fishel-ben-savage/?intcmp=features#ixzz2DT2bIBN1

Danielle Fishel's Blog Post Announcing GMW

AgentB911

So excited for this! I just put this in the TV and Movies thread as well. DW and I still watch every episode when it's on now. This is our all-time favorite show! Also read that their daughter will be named Riley...and that's our daughter's name, although we spell it differently! Can't wait for this!!!

lazyboy97o

My biggest concern about this is that it is slated for the Disney Channel. I just have a hard time seeing a show on the Disney Channel really trying to follow what made Boy Meets World (Season 1 was very different from latter seasons and I think the college years got a bit too goofy at times). How long until Riley wants to be a singer so the actress can be Disney's next tween star? I'm excited and yet scared at the same time.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
My biggest concern about this is that it is slated for the Disney Channel. I just have a hard time seeing a show on the Disney Channel really trying to follow what made Boy Meets World (Season 1 was very different from latter seasons and I think the college years got a bit too goofy at times). How long until Riley wants to be a singer so the actress can be Disney's next tween star? I'm excited and yet scared at the same time.

I share the exact same sentiment. I have high hopes that fishel, Jacobs, and savage hold their ground. I don't expect it to be BMW with Corey as a dad but GMW with Corey as a goof still who seeks advice from others with his parenting hardship.

Every young cousin I have, 14 of them, have turned off the Disney channel. I HOPE that this show is going to turn a leaf. The nostalgia factor gives this show the chance to beat Hannah popularity with actually making it a good show.

MattC

^this. I was never a huge fan of Boy Meets World, but a good show. My wife loved it and is looking forward to Girl Meets World. However, our hopes are not to high given its on TDC and we've seen what they put out these days.

luv

If I had kids in the house now, I'd delete the Disney channel from the guide and tell them we didn't get that channel.

Their shows are so terrible.

prberk

First, I would rather see it on ABC.

Second, maybe Disney Channel will remember when it ran Boy Meets World reruns and things like Even Stevens: shows that while funny and family-friendly, sought to be positive and respectful of the characters overall.

They should look back to ABC's old TGIF model for good shows with good rates of return (good business sense) yet really family-friendly and memorable.

As for BMW, one of the things that I truly appreciated about it, was that it actually let the characters grow up -- they even GOT MARRIED!! A truly unusual thing in the "extended adolescence" of television, but a wonderful thing in real life for many. (That was also true, by the way, in the old days of "My Three Sons," which also let the kids grow up, to their credit... unlike, say, "Beverly Hills 90210" and other shows where the kids never grow up, mentally or physically sometimes!)

I hope the new show keeps its old sensibiities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom