• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

When should I go for the 50th anniversary?

Mickey5150

All I can say is just don't go on the actual 50th day. I was there on 45 and after the fireworks the entirety of the Magic Kingdom was one giant mass of people moving together at 1 inch an hour. Had a fire started anywhere in the MK that night everyone would have died. A horrible mess that night. Even better was being stuck next to a cast member screaming "keep moving."

drizgirl

Advertisement
When they did Disneyland’s 60th, the festivities started in late May of 2015, even though the actual anniversary date isn’t until July 17th. I recall PTN and Disneyland Forever being rolled out to the public during their 24 hour event during May 2015 (22nd based on my research) so things started nearly 2 months before the actual anniversary. If they did the same approach for WDW, that could mean seeing special anniversary things appear in August of 2021.

Disneyland’s 60th festivities went on until September 2016 (the 5th)...so, about 2 months after the 61st anniversary. If WDW were to do the same, that would mean carrying over 50th events into December 2022. That would also overlap with Epcot’s 40th.
I think Disneyland's 60th was a smashing success. I can see them trying to replicate that, maybe expand to cover a little more time. But WDW is adding a lot of new attractions. I can't recall any new rides DLR added? (could have forgotten something though). So I think the biggest consideration will be when they think they can have everything up and running. This is going to be the DLR 60th on steroids.

drizgirl

All I can say is just don't go on the actual 50th day. I was there on 45 and after the fireworks the entirety of the Magic Kingdom was one giant mass of people moving together at 1 inch an hour. Had a fire started anywhere in the MK that night everyone would have died. A horrible mess that night. Even better was being stuck next to a cast member screaming "keep moving."
I heard about that, but thankfully wasn't there. Just inexcusable how woefully under prepared they were.

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
Bump.

Does anyone with actual inside knowledge have any new info on this? It seems to me there are three options:

October 2, 2020 - October 1, 2021
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022

It sounds like most people are predicting that last option, but nobody seems very confident.
When I last heard, none-of-the-above. They'd like to include two summers to get adequate bangage for buckage. So something like Memorial Day 2021 to 1/1/23.

HouCuseChickie

I think Disneyland's 60th was a smashing success. I can see them trying to replicate that, maybe expand to cover a little more time. But WDW is adding a lot of new attractions. I can't recall any new rides DLR added? (could have forgotten something though). So I think the biggest consideration will be when they think they can have everything up and running. This is going to be the DLR 60th on steroids.
Yeah, I only recall attractions being “refreshed” at DLR for the 60th. We went Dec 2015 and aside from seeing holiday overlays and new to us stuff, I don’t recall any new attractions. The only real issue we heard and sort of saw was that holiday decorations were scaled back a bit so that the 60th stuff still looked like the dominant theme.

KrzyKtty

For us it depends on when the early festivities actually begin, for us it depends on when the early festivities actually begin, but we will most likely go around June of 2021. we will also be celebrating my daughter's birthday and our 15 year anniversary that month.

RScottyL

Same here!

I plan to go around their 50th, as that year will be my birthday as well (January 1971)!

I will probably go early in the year, as I would prefer to not have to fight the crowds that will be there in October!

I am hoping they will have their 50th anniversary merchandise already on sale!

Yenfid

I want to go for the 50th Anniversary too, and I am currently planning to go in May of 2022. I know the 25th Anniversary went from October 1996 to January 1, 1998

Top Bottom