• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

When should I go for the 50th anniversary?

Cmdr_Crimson

Advertisement
I know the anniversary is officially in October 2021 so will that mean they will celebrate all of 2021 or after October? I'd like to go that year. Thanks!
The anniversary would officially be October 1st 2021...Which will probably be kicking off at MK and then it will go as a yearlong celebration similar to Disneyland's 50th...Even tho the Happiest Celebration on Earth happened for DL it had more of a celebration at WDW when the parks got more with Cinderellabration at MK, Lights Motors Action at DHS, Soarin at Epcot, & Everest at AK...DL Really just had a celebration..

DfromATX

I would like to go then in October, but our youngest child will have just started college then so... It would be nice if we could, for once, go when school's in. We've always gone in the summer months or holidays. I wonder if our kids would be upset if mom and dad went without them...:eek:

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
The anniversary would officially be October 1st 2021...Which will probably be kicking off at MK and then it will go as a yearlong celebration similar to Disneyland's 50th...Even tho the Happiest Celebration on Earth happened for DL it had more of a celebration at WDW when the parks got more with Cinderellabration at MK, Lights Motors Action at DHS, Soarin at Epcot, & Everest at AK...DL Really just had a celebration..
Thanks for the reply! So kick off prob Oct 2021 and then go into 2022?

LUVofDIS

It should be a whole year of celebration. So what ever time is good for you, you should be able to enjoy it. I would bet that there would be a special celebration on October 21 and just after though.

If your child is going to college she/he should get out earlier than the grade schools before Christmas. When I was attending college I would normally get out a couple weeks before Christmas. There were times when the wife and I would leave the day after my last final.

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks for the reply! So kick off prob Oct 2021 and then go into 2022?
It should..They did it with the 45th but, since nothing really big happened (if you count Pandora and Rivers of Light) they had merchandise mostly for it after it happen....Since this is a Bigger deal similar to Disneyland I'm sure it just won't be just for MK as it will celebrate Resort Wide...

John park hopper

If I remember correctly WDW MK 25th began in Oct 96 and lasted the following year. We went in 97 and it was still going on, the castle was decorated as a big cake some people hated it I thought it was a unique idea. I still have a t-shirt with the castle cake print on it

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
If I remember correctly WDW MK 25th began in Oct 96 and lasted the following year. We went in 97 and it was still going on, the castle was decorated as a big cake some people hated it I thought it was a unique idea. I still have a t-shirt with the castle cake print on it
I loved that castle cake lol. I didn't get to see it in person but I thought it was so cool haha.

danyoung56

I loved that castle cake lol. I didn't get to see it in person but I thought it was so cool haha.
Uuuggghh! I HATED the cake. They did a fine job on it, but they had to basically take away a classic icon of the park to substitute the cake in. I was incredibly happy when it was gone! I felt the same way about the wand in Epcot and the hat in DHS.

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Uuuggghh! I HATED the cake. They did a fine job on it, but they had to basically take away a classic icon of the park to substitute the cake in. I was incredibly happy when it was gone! I felt the same way about the wand in Epcot and the hat in DHS.
Yeah but it was just a year. I understand people's wedding photos being ruined lol and people who traveled so far that it might had been a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. But it was festive, fun, different, and creative. I don't get the hate. I love when they dress up the castle. I hope they do something really unique for the 50th to it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Bump.

Does anyone with actual inside knowledge have any new info on this? It seems to me there are three options:

October 2, 2020 - October 1, 2021
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022

It sounds like most people are predicting that last option, but nobody seems very confident.

graphite1326

It was the first time our family went (Oct 1996). They were putting the cake decorations on. What a disappointment for us not being able to see the icon of Magic Kingdom.

DfromATX

Bump.

Does anyone with actual inside knowledge have any new info on this? It seems to me there are three options:

October 2, 2020 - October 1, 2021
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022

It sounds like most people are predicting that last option, but nobody seems very confident.
I have no idea what they have planned, but I am hoping to go in October 2021. I’m guessing your last two options would both be full of festivities for the anniversary.

bjlc57

2020 its the "start of our 50Th year_" come and celebrate our birthday.. 2021 We are 50 this year come and celebrate.. 2022 its been a big 50th Birthday year.. don't miss our final days of our celebration and wish us all a 50th birthday..

HouCuseChickie

When they did Disneyland’s 60th, the festivities started in late May of 2015, even though the actual anniversary date isn’t until July 17th. I recall PTN and Disneyland Forever being rolled out to the public during their 24 hour event during May 2015 (22nd based on my research) so things started nearly 2 months before the actual anniversary. If they did the same approach for WDW, that could mean seeing special anniversary things appear in August of 2021.

Disneyland’s 60th festivities went on until September 2016 (the 5th)...so, about 2 months after the 61st anniversary. If WDW were to do the same, that would mean carrying over 50th events into December 2022. That would also overlap with Epcot’s 40th.

Top Bottom