When is your favorite time of the day in the parks?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
When is your favorite time of the day in the parks? Do you enjoy the evening hours more, when finally crowds begin to diminish and the lighting turns the park into something completely different in appearance compared with the daylight? Or do you prefer this "fresh" feeling in the morning hours after rope drop, with the temperatures not yet boiling hot (at least during summer), lines much shorter (for an hour or two at least) and the crowds just beginning to arrive? Or the late afternoon, with the sky begin to get a little more glowing every hour until sunset and the more relaxed feeling of having already done a lot (but still more to do?)? Or night time (I know, with the EMH down to 2 hrs, it is not possible any longer to stay in the parks until 2 or 3 AM), with the rare opportunity of walking through areas which were crawling with people during daytime and are now completely deserted?
Or does it depend much on the park and the time of the year? When is your special Disney hour?

DisneyFreak

MK: First thing in the morning. Nothing like walking down Main Street looking at the Castle with a fresh cup of coffee headed to Tomorrowland.

EPCOT: Dusk. Love the lighting the sunset provides over World Showcase.

DHS: Night. Something about riding ToT at night. Plus it makes the park seem bigger.

AK: First thing in the morning. Have not spent as much time in this park as others but I would have to say morning just because the animals are more active. Have not been in this park yet after 5pm.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Florida 168.JPG

Florida 613.JPG

^^^ Figment colouring WoM*! Blue and lilac and purple. :inlove:

The Blue Hour. The finest skies, the most gorgeous reflections on the buildings (except maybe the reflection of the fireworks on SSE, and the castle when there are no projections). WDW at its prettiest!

* (How can anybody think this is not a gorgeous architectural masterpiece but an unthemed backstage wharehouse!?)

Last edited:

WDWJeffC37

Magic Kingdom in the late evening. Once the crowds start to thin out we sit and relax in the hub area and watch the castle. It's so peaceful.
EPCOT at sunset. The colors of the sky around the World Showcase and on Spaceship Earth are beautiful.
Hollywood Studios at night. The neon on Sunset Boulevard.
Animal Kingdom (Pandora) at night. We found Pandora to be so different at night than in the day.
Cheers!!!!!!

KBLovedDisney

For all four parks: the first couple hours after opening.

The temperature is usually a bit nicer in the morning, and the huge crowds don't usually arrive until later.
Same here. I love being at the park first thing in the morning. It's like "Wake up! You're in Disney!"

danyoung56

I have two favorite parts of the day, regardless of park. I love the early morning, especially early entry, when the park is totally uncrowded and you can ride several rides with minimal waits.

And then I love the evening, when it gets cooler, and I'm not trying to ride rides so much as just taking my time, having a nice dinner and a few drinks, and grooving to whatever fireworks/nighttime spectacular is going on.

SteamboatJoe

First thing in the morning. Smaller crowds, everything looks and feels fresh, better temperatures, a freshly rested and friendly cast there to greet you, and various unique attractions which aren't available later in the day when the crowds pick up.

Late night after the nightime spectaculars are done is a close second. Smaller crowds, beautiful lights, cooler air, and a more laid back vibe all around.

KCheatle

Morning. Without hesitation. The sights, smells, and sounds in and around the parks are so much percitible in the morning. I feel like as the day goes on, my senses get a bit overloaded with everything and eveyrone around me, and I lose those little details that make me crave WDW when I'm not there.

Lately a lot of trees have been blossoming outside my office. For the past few days, no joke, I have been briefly closing my eyes while walking from my car to the office door, and I take a deep breath because the smell reminds me so much of walking the path between BC and the international gateway in the morning. For that instant, I'm transported to my happy place. :)

NeedMoreMickey

Evening with lights everywhere. Finally got to go on the safari at sunset and it was wonderful. By the time we got around to the lions they were roaring at each other. Never seen that during the day.

Dayma

For me it's 5-7PM. It always seems a weird down time when people are leaving or just starting to come for the night shows.

jloucks

When is your favorite time of the day in the parks? Do you enjoy the evening hours more, when finally crowds begin to diminish and the lighting turns the park into something completely different in appearance compared with the daylight? Or do you prefer this "fresh" feeling in the morning hours after rope drop, with the temperatures not yet boiling hot (at least during summer), lines much shorter (for an hour or two at least) and the crowds just beginning to arrive? Or the late afternoon, with the sky begin to get a little more glowing every hour until sunset and the more relaxed feeling of having already done a lot (but still more to do?)? Or night time (I know, with the EMH down to 2 hrs, it is not possible any longer to stay in the parks until 2 or 3 AM), with the rare opportunity of walking through areas which were crawling with people during daytime and are now completely deserted?
Or does it depend much on the park and the time of the year? When is your special Disney hour?

I'd say the last two hours before close, the later the better. Except the last night. That is just melancholy.

KINGLOUIS1993

MK - Early morning getting off the ferry across and walking through Main Street U.SA with a coffee a pastry and huge smile on your face.

AK - I would say at night because last time I got to ride EE in the dark about 6 times in a row with no queue. However I like it when the sun is setting on the last few Safari's.

HS- Hard to choose but I would say walking down Sunset Boulevard when the sun in the morning with the sun shining is the best.

Epcot - I love Epcot at night to, especially for the lights around world showcase and then Reflections of Earth. Best time to ride Test Track too.

yedliW

I love being there after dark. I think it is more of what was intended, you can only see what they intend you to see.

Plus a lot of rides are much better after dark (Jungle Cruise and People Mover jump to mind as great rides that are better after dark)

Walking through Avatar after dark is pretty cool as well, even the walkways glow..

I love the fiber optic effect in the walkways at EPCOT, and wish they would incorporate it in more places.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Plus a lot of rides are much better after dark (Jungle Cruise and People Mover jump to mind as great rides that are better after dark)

Well I thought the same about the JC but then during one specific ride of the JC around midnight, my GF pointed out that there were also SPIDERS (at least 3-4) in the boat and I am not talking about small ones! One was only about 2 feet away from my legs and I realized, that this was absolutely unavoidable. A boat that runs at night on a river through a man-made jungle under trees and vines in a subtropical climate and has lights on obviously attracts spiders at night. She confessed that she actually saw spiders on most earlier JC rides at night too but decided not to tell me until this one came a little TOO close.
In other words, no more JC at night for me.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom