When in Fall??

Kman

We are planning a trip for fall 2017 and just wondering what is best. Ideally we would like to go in early November so we miss Halloween and American Thanksgiving. The crowd calender I looked at seemed to be pretty good. Any comments or advice on this?

Thanks

Weather_Lady

The first couple weeks in November (prior to Thanksgiving week - in 2017, that would be the week of 11/18) are supposed to be great times to go. We chose the week for our upcoming visit (the week before Thanksgiving 2016, arriving 11/14) based on this year's crowd calendars. You may want to avoid the very first week in November (known as "Jersey" week) in favor of the second week (which typically sees even lower crowds than the first week, plus, less profanity and hair gel with the New Jersey contingent gone*). I'll let you know how it goes! :)

*no offense to those from New Jersey. It's a lovely state and I'm sure there are millions of lovely people who reside there - I've met many. However, I've seen (and heard, loudly and profanely) some particularly bad behavior from a herd of New Jersey guests on Disney property. I wouldn't have known from whence they came, had they not been repeatedly screaming in a call-and-response chant, "Whayuh we fruuuuum?" "F*&%ing NEW JERSEY!!!" Throughout their time in a 45-minute queue at Big Thunder Mountain. In front of toddlers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Well, THIS Jersey girl is going to do her best to muffle her accent and I won't mention any of the rude things I've seen people from other states do. But that's besides the point. ;) In any event, please be aware that the "Jersey Week" (aka NJEA Teachers Convention) that closes school, isn't always the first week in November, sometimes its the second. I have gone the week before/after and it's always a nice week to go. I won't go during the convention because I like to travel at quieter times. Google the NJEA Teachers Convention and you can get dates for this year and future years. November is a great time to go, weather is always nice, not too hot, and it's not busy! Have fun planning!!!!!!!! :)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We loved the third week in October. It was post-Columbus Day, pre-Halloween, but we were able to enjoy the F&W Festival and MNSSHP. The weather was great and the crowds were reasonable.

Upvote 0

Greg H

We have been a couple of times during last week of October and first couple weeks of November. We found the crowds very manageable and the weather really great (i.e., not too much rain and temperatures in the low to mid 20's Celsius, probably low to mid 70's Fahrenheit). It will cool down the further you go into November, but I think November gets less rain and Thunder storms (on average) compared to October. You can also catch the Halloween decorations and party as well as the beginning of the Christmas season, if you time it right.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

We usually go the week before Thanksgiving week or one of the two weeks after. It's a wonderful time to visit. It's usually not very crowded and great weather. We are going the week after this year, 60 days :)

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

If you go the week before Thanksgiving, you can also enjoy some of the Christmas decorations that will be starting to go up & the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party events that should start happening by then. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

ECHO! @Gaston's gal We have heard the week before Thanksgiving is AMAZING! We got to Disney the Saturday before Thanksgiving and didn't notice extreme crowds until the day before T'giving. But if you go that 3rd week in November, you will get to enjoy the Christmas decorations, including the icicle lights on the castle (mandatory for me).That third week should have very little crowds, too! Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom