When does WDW put up their Christmas Decorations?

Emzy

Original Poster
I was just wondering when the parks start getting decorated for Disney as my family were thinking of going to WDW around Christmas time and would like to be there when the decorations are up!

Thanks!
xx :xmas:

WDWScottieBoy

I was there the first week of November 2003 and our resort (POR) had some decorations up in the lobby. Some of the stores throughout WDW had some decorations but I don't know when they are all up. I'd assume sometime around mid-November or so, maybe towards the end of the month or beginning of Decemeber they have everything ready for the holidays.

se8472

depends on the park and the resort...

Holiday services does it all and there are only a hand full of them. But is usually starts day after thanksgiving and goes into the next week or so.

They have a web site somewhere

But if you time your trip right, you can see MK in its fall colors and then come in the next day and BAM there is a tree sitting on main street. It really rocks

Emzy

Original Poster
We were thinking of going around mid to end of November time...Thanks for your replies though!

conntom

Hi Emzy for me the best time is Dec 5 its after thanksgiving and befor Christmas.
The Hotel are at a good price and the Parks look great. This year the Osborne
lights are back at DisneyMGM there is over 5 Million lights its a must see you will
love it.

WDWScottieBoy

conntom said:
Hi Emzy for me the best time is Dec 5 its after thanksgiving and befor Christmas.
The Hotel are at a good price and the Parks look great. This year the Osborne
lights are back at DisneyMGM there is over 5 Million lights its a must see you will
love it.

I'm just curious but do you pick that day because of it being Walt's birthday or just coincidentally happen to land on the same day. I'm assuming Disney does something special each year for hsi birthday, so maybe all the Christmas decorations are up by then. Also, it's nice to see the Osbourne lights aer back this year, it will be interesting to see how they light up Big City Street.

conntom

I just pick Dec 5 to go to WDW I always go the second week in Dec to go.
This year will be my 22 year going to WDW and I can't wait it's the best place
to go.

Figment1986

MGM was putting up their osborn lights a few years ago in early to Mid October.... They are usually the first to go up....

Who knows how they are doing them this year and when they start.......

Proabably mid to late october since they dont have a holloween at that park...

Then MK and Epcot put their stuff up in early Nov...

Jerm

It seems I have hit upon both the good days to be at WDW for the x-mas stuff. Last year we were there first week of November and went to bed one night then woke up the next and our hotel was all done up for x-mas. Then over the next few days they were hitting parks and other places. But a few years ago we got to WDW on New Years day and had to sit thru a week of X-mas stuff that was killing me (how about say Dec 26th stop with the music atleast) but the following Monday after New Year we walked into MK and found it to be all back to normal. It is really neat to see the change over night.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom