When does WDW announce DVC member's Moonlight Magic for the year?

Janir

Original Poster
Specifically trying to plan out another WDW trip but around some other Moonlight Magic dates for MK , EPCOT or DHS.

Can any DVC member familiar with the Moonlight Magic tell me when does WDW/DVC announce the dates for 2020? Or are the fairly static year over year?
Hard to book in a 11 month window at a home resort not knowing next years dates. ;) I got luck this year for AK date we have booked but that WAS just pure luck that the window of time I was looking to go during there was a AK Moonlight Magic I could book at 7 months out.

Note I contacted DVC Member Svcs, all they told me was they announce dates sometime near the end of the year. Was hoping to get a better handle of when the other Moonlight Magic parties would be to plan another trip next year around a different park with out making everything last minute.

Last edited:

TongaToast21

For 2019 events, they announced the dates Nov 28. 2018, with booking for each event open about 40 days before the date

Last edited:

Janir

Original Poster
Ok, next question is are the DATES for the actual events similar between years.
Looks like I'll have to guesstimate a vacation week 11 months in advance to try and hit a Moonlight Magic, and if I'm off, maybe I can adjust if availability is still there once dates are actually announced. Be easier if the dates were roughly the same times year over year..

correcaminos

Dates are not similar either as a whole, though some of the summer were closer. Where last year I missed some by days, the same time frame this year has me missing it by weeks and vice versa. Sorry.

Here are the 2018 dates
Jan. 11 and 28, and Feb. 6 at Magic Kingdom Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Dec 7. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Dec 21.)
March 21, April 17 and May 16 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Feb 8. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Feb 22.)
May 30 and June 11 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates April 19. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on May 3.)
July 16 and Aug. 15 at Epcot
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates June 6. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on June 20.)
Sept. 19 and 26, and Oct. 3 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Aug 30. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Sept. 13.)
Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure Park
(Booking begins for all Members on Oct. 4.)

Disneyland: Thursday January 31, 2019. Booking begins Tuesday December 18, 2018 at 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific.

Magic Kingdom: Tuesday February 5 and Tuesday February 12, 2019. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday January 9; others can register Wednesday January 16.

Disney's Hollywood Studios: Wednesday March 20 and Wedesday March 27, 2019. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Thursday February 14; others can register Thursday February 21.

Epcot: Monday May 13 and Monday May 20, 2019. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday April 3; others can register Wednesday April 10.

Disney's Animal Kingdom: Thursday July 18, Thursday August 8 and Thursday August 22, 2019. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday June 5; others can register Wednesday June 12.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon: Wednesday September 18 and Wednesday October 16, 2019. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday August 14; others can register Wednesday August 28.

correcaminos

All this said I would absolutely not try to plan a trip simply to get moonlight magic. The exception of course is if you are doing it more last-minute, which is not what you wanted to do. I would plan your trips for when you want to go and if it comes up, great, if not oh well.

macefamily

Do you have to be staying at a DVC property to be admitted to a Moonlight Magic event ? I'm a DVC member, but not planning to use any points soon.

JaxFLBear

Do you have to be staying at a DVC property to be admitted to a Moonlight Magic event ? I'm a DVC member, but not planning to use any points soon.
They typically do two registration periods. The first is for those staying at any Disney owned & operated resort (not just DVC resorts) and the second for those not staying on property. Most full up very fast during the first registration period.

TongaToast21

I was under the impression that people who have booked stays on property have first access to the event, and if there is still space left it becomes open to the entire DVC community regardless of whether or not you are staying

Beacon Joe

I've wondered the same thing, OP, but suggest not sweating it. They are nice events if one lands serendipitously in the middle of your planned vacation, but at least in my experience it's not like a magical period of low-to-zero wait times. Long waits for rides (except for Mission Space Green), long waits for food, and long waits for ice cream bars was our experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom