When does Magical Express pick you up on the day you leave?

LittleMerman

Hey guys, it's been a minute since I've used ME and I was curious to know what time they pick you up at your resort to head to the airport. I remember it being about 3 hours before your flight but these days Orlando airport security is so quick to get through, 3 hours seems really early, like we'd just be sitting around. I'd rather use that time to go to breakfast or something but I also want to utilize the service so we'll go whenever it comes. Is 3 hours out still the same time these days? Thank you!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hey guys, it's been a minute since I've used ME and I was curious to know what time they pick you up at your resort to head to the airport. I remember it being about 3 hours before your flight but these days Orlando airport security is so quick to get through, 3 hours seems really early, like we'd just be sitting around. I'd rather use that time to go to breakfast or something but I also want to utilize the service so we'll go whenever it comes. Is 3 hours out still the same time these days? Thank you!!
Between 3-3.5 hours, yes.

Upvote 0

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I was picked up at 7.05am today, my flight departure was at 10:08am.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When do they leave it? The last night? Makes it hard to plan for the last day. Thanks.
The boarding pass with pick up time is left on your door early in the morning the day before your check out day.

Assume you need to be back at your resort about 4 hours prior to flight departure (to retrieve your luggage, use restroom, etc) as you plan your last day.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

Original Poster
The boarding pass with pick up time is left on your door early in the morning the day before your check out day.

Assume you need to be back at your resort about 4 hours prior to flight departure (to retrieve your luggage, use restroom, etc) as you plan your last day.
Thank you! My flight is at 10a so that's basically our whole day =( Was hoping to sneak breakfast at a resort in. Oh well.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

When we did ME we were always notified we were to be picked up 3 hours early. One time there was an accident on the highway and traffic was backed up for miles. We slowly crept along watching the minutes tick by and as MCO came into sight realized we would be cutting it really close. The driver got us to the drop off area with just enough time for us to make it through security. It was the only time I hadnt regretted leaving early.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Maybe its my flight anxiety but yeah even without using DME I would recommend not planning anything before your flight if its a morning one. Unless you meant quick service but going to a resort for a sit down breakfast is more time consuming than you think, taking 1-2 hours and with restaurants opening closer to 8, that would be cutting it really close. Plus it takes 30+ mins to get to the airport (Depending on traffic).

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Your flight might depart at 10:00am but it starts boarding at 9:30 at closes it's doors to passengers before 10:00. Not sure where you think you plan on having breakfast, but 10:00am is "not the whole day" wasted. Why not get to MCO early and get breakfast there?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom