when does dining plan start. and end

kathyjacks

Original Poster
hi . we are planing a trip in april 8-april 18. we are leaving someime on the 18 and getting there about 8-10 am on the 8th. we are getting the ddp and i have already made reservations for 5 of those days. now i am confused on whether to make a reservation on the 8th or the 18?i make a reservation the 8th 9th 10th 11 th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th and 18th its 11 sit down meals which is not right on the meal plan you only get 10 right?someone please explain this to me lol.would we leave the morning of the 18th or just pack everything and check out but still attend the parks that day?thanks for the info

New2WDW

kathyjacks said:
hi . we are planing a trip in april 8-april 18. we are leaving someime on the 18 and getting there about 8-10 am on the 8th. we are getting the ddp and i have already made reservations for 5 of those days. now i am confused on whether to make a reservation on the 8th or the 18?i make a reservation the 8th 9th 10th 11 th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th and 18th its 11 sit down meals which is not right on the meal plan you only get 10 right?someone please explain this to me lol.would we leave the morning of the 18th or just pack everything and check out but still attend the parks that day?thanks for the info

You get the dining plan for each night of stay and it starts when you check in and get your room key. It is tied to your room key. You get one table service, one counter service and one snack per day. You can use these in any order all the way up to Midnight of the day you leave.

Example: We checked in on Oct. 1st and went to Chef Mickey's that night and used a table service, the next day we used use a counter service at lunch and at dinner, etc. On our final day we checked out at 11 am and went to Downtown Disney and ate at Planet Hollywood for Lunch and then we drove toward home at about 3 pm. Each time you use your Dining plan you will get a receipt showing how many more meals you have left (but it only shows that type, i.e. counter services left if you ate a counter service)

Hope this helps! If you have any more ??? just ask!

TwoTigersMom

New2WDW explained it perfectly. I'd just like to clarify it a little more by saying if you arrive at 10 and had a counter service lunch and then a sit down dinner that night, as well as every day after that, then on the 18th you wouldn't have any points left for meals.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You'll be there for 10 nights, so you'll get 10 table service meals, 10 counter service meals and 10 snacks per person in your party. If you have 3-9yo's, their meals will have to be selected from the childrens' menu, if there is one.

Any of your room cards can be used to charge any of the meals and each time you do you'll get a receipt showing how many of that type meal you have left. Since some meals count as two table service, you can easily run out before your last day. In our case in February, I expect I'll have to buy meals the last day or two.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

New2WDW

Just to add to the comments above.....we (two adults with two children under 10) split some counter service meals because it was a lot of food. Also, I have heard of many people having snacks and a meal or two left over. We went to the resort and used our last 6 snacks for the trip home! and we had one counter service each remaining that we did not use!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom