Pre-Trip When are we going back?

Well im in a planning lull and thought I would write my 1st ever pre-trip report, so a bit about us and our story, I had several trips to Disney as child which were great but then there was a 15 year gap we travelled elsewhere, back in 2011 my mum said she would love to go to Disney for her 60th birthday, being that her 60th was 2 years away I said why not, let’s get saving so that was the start of the 2013 trip, shortly after we made the decision I met my BF, Chris I told him about the trip and that obviously we were in the early days, this was back in November 2011 so it was his decision, he didn’t do backflips but was on board from the beginning, which was good, in September 2012 me and Chris went on Chris first ever trip outside the UK and he hated the 4 hour plane journey, not because it scared him like flying does to me but because he was bored, I started to wonder how he would cope with the flight to Disney as we were flying Manchester to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Orlando, anyway long story short, he was fine and we had an absolute dream trip, crowds were minimal and the longest line we had was 20mins for TSMM, so on our last day we are walking out of MK and Chris reads the sign ‘see ya real soon’ and turns to me and says ‘when can we come back’ I smiled and thought nothing of it, back home he obviously was thinking about and asked me one day back in 2014 ‘would you miss a year of going on holiday if it meant we could go back to Disney’? and the beginning of the 2016 trip was born, we had talked about just the 2 of us going but we knew we couldn’t not ask my mum, and in reality we knew she would say yes, and she made it even more amazing by offering to pay my share as my 30th birthday present (which is a month before the trip) best mum in the world (for a million other reasons too) so here we go…

When – September 19th – 3rd October

Staying – Disney’s Old Key West, 1 Bedroom Villa

Cast – Me Gurt, my BF Chris, my mum Jean

upload_2016-7-1_11-42-14.png
upload_2016-7-1_11-42-24.png

So far the plan looks as below, it’s sort of copy of the 2013 which we did everything and more due to the low crowds, it looks like we are trying to squeeze everything in which we sort of are but it is not a rigid plan it more of the direction we will navigate if something is a stupid wait then we just move on, we are on the dining plan and this is the 1st time experiencing the Food & Wine festival.

upload_2016-7-1_11-43-5.png

upload_2016-7-1_11-43-27.png

The plan is like to have quite a few tweaks, changes to AK hours, night time entertainment at HS and at 60 days when we can make our FP picks.

So this is were I am up to...

Gurt

Original Poster
Cake Picking
we are eating at the Cali Grill as my 'Birthday meal' for the trip and I am ordering a small cake so I have been looking at lots of different designs and I think I am going to go with this one, but with little purple Micky heads not green.
upload_2016-7-7_11-29-8.png

Gurt

Original Poster
So the cake is ordered :)

And I hit the 60 Fastpass mark, I felt quite pressured making my choices and there will be more to add but I think I have made the most important ones, 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Soarin, Test Track, Frozen Ever After, TSMM, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids. We are not 'big rides' people so thankfully I don't have to worry about FP for rides like TOT or RRC. We are gutted BTMR will be closed for refurb during this trip but hey Jungle Cruise will be open which was out during our last trip, I can't wait to show Chris 'the backside of water'.

In other news we are all booked for our 'other parks' 1 day for Sea World, and complete luck for Uni / IOA we had originally planed a day for each but were concerned with all the new HP stuff and Kong we might be pushing it, while I was comparing ticket prices undercover T had a deal of the day 3 days for the price of 2, it was meant to be, so now we can go back a 3rd day.

Gurt

Original Poster
Oh Decisions Decisions

So as earlier mentioned we are on the dining plan but I only have 8 table service meals booked in, my mum and Chris don't want me to book any more because they feel restricted which I understand but I am worried about walk up bookings, so do I book places I think they will like and cancel if need be closer to the time or do I chance the walk up method, this mainly applies to Epcot and Disney Springs. I already have San Angel Inn Restaurante booked in for Epcot but that is it for either place, so what would you guys suggest, both for my booking Vs walk up dilemma and table service suggestions.

On a happy note only 41 days to go woo hoo!

prfctlyximprct

Your trip is getting so close!!! I would just book the extras and drop them later, I think you have 24 hours in advance to not get charged a fee. Or just see how you feel and see what's available that day, sometimes that is the best way! You may end up eating somewhere you would have never thought, and love it!

I love your plannings table! The images and the color coordination.. I LOVE IT. I am an obsessive planner as well, so this is beautiful! :)

Can't wait for Disney to get their act together and release the fall firework schedule for DHS and let us know what the heck is going on at AK!

Gurt

Original Poster
Thanks @prfctlyximprct for our AK day I have ended up with 2 bookings for Sanaa because I have no idea what the hours are going to end up but I really want to eat there.

I am sure I read somewhere that @ DHS the SW fireworks overlap Fantasmic which I hope won't happen as I only have 1 DHS day planned in, I can't wait for the hours to be confirmed.

Gurt

Original Poster
Update

So I have booked us into Le Cellier on our last Epcot day we have an afternoon booking so I thought this would be some nice slow down holiday reminiscing together time!

I have also decided on our Sea World day as it closes at 6pm to head over to HS for Fantasmic at 8pm so we will get to see both Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks.

Only 28 days to go :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom