When and What to Ride

cba

Original Poster
I'm looking for a list of what rides to go on in any of the theme parks and when to go on that ride. It will be very helpful for me and my family.

those are very good sites - we followed their advice of find out which park has EMH for which morning, and made a point to be there before opening (this of course only works if you are staying at a Disney Resort). Then run to the popular rides so you can avoid the queues. Or utilise fastpass as much as possible. HS: we wanted RockNroller coaster (teenagers) and Tower of terror (everyone) and Toy Story Mania (everyone). I ran to TSM and got fastpasses, then met my family at RNR, which the teenagers had already ridden with no wait, when they finished we all went to TOT, the line was still pretty short, so we rode it with barely any wait, and then went to TSM - all before 9.00 a.m. AK: we went to Safari first - straight on, then straight to Expedition Everest and got fastpasses. MK: so many choices depending on the age of your kids! Epcot: straight to Soarin' - we found it worked well to get there early, do the major rides, and then go home by 12.00 or 1.00 for a swim or nap before heading out again in the late afternoon/evening to a different park. It was August and very very hot! a lot depends on the ages though.

luv

Get a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2012.
Or join the website TouringPlans.com.
Or do a search of these forums for touring plans.
Agreed. Although, the 2013 version should be outin the next couple of weeks, so you might want to wait for that one.

They actually have charts that list all the rides and what times are best to ride them.

Touringplans.com is a most excellent site and when you pay the $12, you get full use of the Lines app with it, which is great. If you get and Unofficial Guide, it's even less than $12.

Mot

Disney actually gives you a list of all the rides on their Official Site at each park. You can also get specific information at a free site AllEars@allears.net
Just from experience, at Magic Kingdom, the earlier you go the better. You can get to most of the more popular rides prior to the park getting crowded. Peter Pans Flight, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain, to name a few, get crowded after the first few hrs after opening.
At Hollywood Studios Toy Story Mania is a must (first thing) to get a Fast Pass and ride immediately. That way you can experiance it twice. Rockin Roller Coaster is definitely a fast pass unless the Stand-by is equal or less than 30 MIns. The Tower of Terror you can enjoy just about anytime.
When going to Animal Kingdom, Everest is must.
Epcot, skip everything for a Fast pass to Soaring then on to Test Track if it's open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom