When a ride you love gets a refurb during your stay

juniorthomas

I've got a two day visit coming up in December. About all I could afford, so I am hoping to do as much as possible. And then, checking the refurb updates so I can be better prepared, I see that the riverboat and TTA are going down for refurbishment - two things my DD is particularly excited about experiencing. Fortunately, TTA is a quick refurb. Just two days. In the scheme of things, that's pretty decent....

And then I realize that the refurb is the exact duration of my stay at WDW.

Nothing I can do but vent, and join the masses of those who have had their vacations affected by a refurb, be it short or long. We'll still have an amazing time. We'll just have to plan to catch the TTA on our next visit in a few years.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I've got a two day visit coming up in December. About all I could afford, so I am hoping to do as much as possible. And then, checking the refurb updates so I can be better prepared, I see that the riverboat and TTA are going down for refurbishment - two things my DD is particularly excited about experiencing. Fortunately, TTA is a quick refurb. Just two days. In the scheme of things, that's pretty decent....

And then I realize that the refurb is the exact duration of my stay at WDW.

Nothing I can do but vent, and join the masses of those who have had their vacations affected by a refurb, be it short or long. We'll still have an amazing time. We'll just have to plan to catch the TTA on our next visit in a few years.
There will always be refurbs. Since its really only 2 attractions, I wouldn't let it effect your trip. Go and enjoy the other 98% of the attractions that will be open!

Upvote 0

PlaneCrazy1978

I agree with how you feel I know rides are always going down, but it stinks when it's right on your vacation. I always justify it by telling myself for that one ride that was down, there are so many more I can be excited about. I just ride the ones that are open more than once to balance things out ;)

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

We went once when Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Pirates were all down the same day. One was refurb, the other two just temporary that day. While a bit frustrating at the moment, it made no real difference to the overall enjoyment of the trip. So many other things to do, so little time.

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

I experienced this while I was at Disney This Year. I was visiting for 2 weeks but Pirates opened the day I left Disney. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad, but being pregnant and one of the rides I could actually do I was bummed. Just enjoy every thing else!

Upvote 0

draybook

Me when Pirates was down during our trip in September

sad-pug_zpsvn1nqtqd.jpg

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

To quote the OP, "We'll still have an amazing time." That's it regarding WDW and life itself. We should never be bound by any set of circumstances.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom