When a ride you love gets a refurb during your stay

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I've got a two day visit coming up in December. About all I could afford, so I am hoping to do as much as possible. And then, checking the refurb updates so I can be better prepared, I see that the riverboat and TTA are going down for refurbishment - two things my DD is particularly excited about experiencing. Fortunately, TTA is a quick refurb. Just two days. In the scheme of things, that's pretty decent....

And then I realize that the refurb is the exact duration of my stay at WDW.

Nothing I can do but vent, and join the masses of those who have had their vacations affected by a refurb, be it short or long. We'll still have an amazing time. We'll just have to plan to catch the TTA on our next visit in a few years.

TJ Vazquez

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Advertisement
I've got a two day visit coming up in December. About all I could afford, so I am hoping to do as much as possible. And then, checking the refurb updates so I can be better prepared, I see that the riverboat and TTA are going down for refurbishment - two things my DD is particularly excited about experiencing. Fortunately, TTA is a quick refurb. Just two days. In the scheme of things, that's pretty decent....

And then I realize that the refurb is the exact duration of my stay at WDW.

Nothing I can do but vent, and join the masses of those who have had their vacations affected by a refurb, be it short or long. We'll still have an amazing time. We'll just have to plan to catch the TTA on our next visit in a few years.
There will always be refurbs. Since its really only 2 attractions, I wouldn't let it effect your trip. Go and enjoy the other 98% of the attractions that will be open!

PlaneCrazy1978

I agree with how you feel I know rides are always going down, but it stinks when it's right on your vacation. I always justify it by telling myself for that one ride that was down, there are so many more I can be excited about. I just ride the ones that are open more than once to balance things out ;)

epcotisbest

We went once when Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Pirates were all down the same day. One was refurb, the other two just temporary that day. While a bit frustrating at the moment, it made no real difference to the overall enjoyment of the trip. So many other things to do, so little time.

Disneydreamer23

I experienced this while I was at Disney This Year. I was visiting for 2 weeks but Pirates opened the day I left Disney. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad, but being pregnant and one of the rides I could actually do I was bummed. Just enjoy every thing else!

rsoxguy

To quote the OP, "We'll still have an amazing time." That's it regarding WDW and life itself. We should never be bound by any set of circumstances.

Top Bottom