What's you're all time favorite thrill ride in WDW?

What's you're all time favorite thrill ride in WDW?

• Total voters

bubbles1812

Tower of Terror and Space Mountain get my votes. Splash used to be up there but the broken effects have lowered Splash on my favorites list. I actually try not to pay too much attention to broken effects while I'm there but some of the issues in Splash such as the turtles or when Brer Rabbit hopping by isn't working are a bit too substantial to ignore. Everest and RRC are my next favs after TOT and Space.

crosswagon

Tower of Terror then Rock n Roller Coaster. For some reason Expedition Everest used to give me a headache but my daughter gave me a tip about the rides and it has worked everytime for me. She asked me to keep my eyes open instead of closing them on the wilder rides and that will help with the motion sickness. Amazingly this has worked for me but it may not for anyone else. I may look a little bugged eyed on the rides but I am able to keep riding!

bethymouse

Nice thread!:) Tower of Terror blew my mind away the 1st time I rode it! The attention to detail is amazing and the ride is just over the top impressive IMHO.
Next, I'd have to put the 3 mountains together @ the MK as each has a special something to them!
Test Track is also up there, and EE!

2bornot2be

Here is my list by park list with the 2nd favorite.

MK - 1st Big Thunder Mountain / 2nd Space Mountain

Epcot - 1st Mission Space / 2nd Test Track (maybe after the redo it could be 1st)

DHS - 1st Tower of Terror / 2nd Rock n Roller Coaster

DAK - 1st Expedition Everest / 2nd Dinosaur

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
MK - Space Mountain followed closely by Big Thunder
Epcot - Soarin (although I'm sure that some will argue that it's not a thrill ride) followed by Test Track (wife gets motion sickness in MS so we've only been able to do that once)
DHS - Tower of Terror followed by RnRC
AK - Expedition Everest followed by Kali Rapids

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The top dog on this list always changes for me..but the ones in the top two for me are usually TOT and Splash...both have the perfect balance of theming and thrills that Disney does so brilliantly.

captainkidd

As rough a shape as it's in, Splash Mountain still always amazes me. The attention to details, the humor, the fact that everyone can enjoy it. It's the Ultimate Disney experience.

MarkTwain

Splash Mountain for me. It, more than any of the other attractions, manages to merge dark ride charm and hummable music with big-time thrill.

cheezbat

Nothing better than Tower of Terror. I used to place Splash up there, but with as horrible of condition it's been in the past few years and the addition of the lap bars, it's just not the same.

DCLcruiser

RnRC - I still remember standing outside of the entrance that was blocked by a gate and potted bushes for 2 hours on the off chance that they might have a soft opening for us to test it out. We wound up riding it 3 different nights. I've been on coasters from Cedar Point, USO, BG-Tampa, BG-Williamsburg, Six Flags GA, etc and it is still my favorite overall experience.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's a tough one. I don't really classify Splash as a thrill ride. Although it obviously does contain thrills, the majority is a relaxing dark ride. It's a serious favorite, although somewhat of a wreck these days, as pointed out. Tower is, of course, a top favorite as well. Space is even better these days with the darker ride, addition of sound and improved effects. I might have to go with Space.

Walt Disney1955

I picked Splash, but it was a coin toss between TOT. Honestly, both have wonderful theming and bring something to the table that the other doesn't. ToT scares you more with the anticipation of the drop than anything. Imagine riding that thing for the first time. I remember being so jumpy as to when those drops were happening. That scared me more than anything. Plus the storyline is just spooky. Splash has that nice drop at the end. It is enough to give you a rush, but it also is a great combination of storytelling with almost a "Small World" theme to it.

WDWisAMAZING22

Definitely Splash Mountain! But maybe that's because its the only thrill ride I was brave enough to go on... :p

Edit: I forgot I went on Kali River Rapids too! That's gotta be my favorite!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom