What's your guess why this is happening?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My wife drives a nice looking 2016 Honda Accord that I've been faithful to get serviced when appropriate.
3 weeks ago it got an oil change at the Honda Dealership in which we purchased it from.
Now tonight above the steering wheel is displayed: "15% remaining oil life" and a glowing wrench is there to signify the vehicle needs service.
Yet, it was just 3 weeks ago I took her car for an oil change.
If this is not a computer glitch that goes away tomorrow....on Monday I'm gonna have to miss school and take her Honda back to the dealership 😒
Fast Facts:
1.There are no oils stains where she parks.
2.She has done only local driving in the 3 weeks since the oil change.
3.The dealership did a brake job at the oil change as well.
OK everyone....theories? guesses?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Yep probably wasn’t reset...I have a Honda and do the oil changes and reset it myself.
Scroll down below the purple flowers please.
There are directions to reset the oil life.
Should I follow those directions and give it a try?
Yet hypothetically, if there WAS a problem, after following the directions would the level reading still reflect the lower number, or could I fake myself out into thinking everything is ok when it actually isn't? LOL...am I making any sense?

Clamman73

Scroll down below the purple flowers please.
There are directions to reset the oil life.
Should I follow those directions and give it a try?
Yet hypothetically, if there WAS a problem, after following the directions would the level reading still reflect the lower number, or could I fake myself out into thinking everything is ok when it actually isn't? LOL...am I making any sense?
I use the buttons on the steering wheel…I have a ‘17 Ridgeline. You have to press the reset for a number of seconds before it resets...it’ll bring it back to 100%.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
NEW INFORMATION!!! :cool:
My wife ( who I established earlier is the driver of this Honda) JUST told me that the day after the recent oil change she pushed the appropriate buttons TO SEE IF the technician remembered to take care of that. She said the day after the oil change IT DID display "Oil Level 100%" o_O

John park hopper

Try disconnecting the battery cable let it sit for 3 minutes and reconnect it. My Dodge Dakota I can reset stuff like that. If that doesn't work take it back to the dealer and have them rest it.

cjack300zx

Try disconnecting the battery cable let it sit for 3 minutes and reconnect it. My Dodge Dakota I can reset stuff like that. If that doesn't work take it back to the dealer and have them rest it.
This or you can pick up a code reader at Advance or Auto Zone and use it to reset the oil service light Taking it to the dealer will not cost you anything to reset it.

Lilofan

Check the dipstick to see if oil is dark or light color? My bet is the tech did not reset the oil life but I see your wife said it was reset so the 15% is very odd.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Sounds like they forgot to reset the warning light. Not a big deal, just remember to compensate for the incorrect mileage when doing your next oil change.

Lilofan

I am back from the dealership. All is well. It just needed to be reset.
Good news, it was probably an oversight on the techs part . I worked with someone who brought his VW Jetta to the VW dealer for an oil change. He marked a small X on the oil filter. When he waited for his car and paid the bill he looked to see if the oil filter was changed. It was not! He then went straight to the mgr. He received the oil change for free and got a new oil filter installed. This was not an oversight and is just a VW dealer trying to cut corners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom