What's your favorite "wink wink nod nod" moment at the parks?

RonAnnArbor

Original Poster
What's your favorite "wink wink nod nod" moment in the parks? That is, what makes you smile and say "ha, I got that in-joke"...

My favorite: The alien tourguide on Star Tours 2 doing the same finger wag while saying "smoking is never allowed" which is a direct copy of the Delta Airlines safety video flight attendant's finger wag.

Monkee Girl

This is more of a wider known one but all I can think of at the moment. I LOVE how Disney slipped Ariel into the Mermaid Lagoon in "Peter Pan's flight." I noticed her the fist time without ever knowing if Disney had made an announcement of anything like that. And when I tell my friends or family she is there, no one believes me. But I always thought it was cool and I look for her every time I come to that part in the ride.

KCheatle

I would say my favorite is when I look up at the Haunted Mansion I notice that the tops are chess pieces. I don't know if this story is 100% true, but I was told once that while the Haunted Mansion was being designed, as a joke, one of the designers topped the model of the Haunted Mansion with chess pieces, to see if anyone noticed. When the joke was discovered, Walt decided to keep the joke going and told the designers, keep the chess pieces on the mansion.

ans2aug09.jpg

tink729

I would say my favorite is when I look up at the Haunted Mansion I notice that the tops are chess pieces. I don't know if this story is 100% true, but I was told once that while the Haunted Mansion was being designed, as a joke, one of the designers topped the model of the Haunted Mansion with chess pieces, to see if anyone noticed. When the joke was discovered, Walt decided to keep the joke going and told the designers, keep the chess pieces on the mansion.

ans2aug09.jpg

They're actually shaped like chess pieces because Claude Coates designed the exterior and he loved chess, so he incorporated it into the design! He's also the Claude mentioned on one of the tombstones outside in the graveyard.

LVgoN2WDW

One time we were going past the Jedi training in Hollywood studios and a boy made an incorrect move with this light saber and the instructor said "no,no don't do that, that's a good way to get your head cut off!" then as a side note he added- "too bad Jango fett wasn't in my class!"

Dj Corona

Don't forget, not only is Mr. Toad in the pet cemetery, there's a picture of him handing the deed to the ride to Owl on Pooh.

s&k'smom

It's funny we look for Mr. Toad every time we go, I'll try to go through my memory card today and see if I can't find a picture.

cba

In the Haunted Mansion, when you go into the graveyard, you become "dead", which is why you can interact with the ghosts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom